Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been practicing shifting my new Foreman 500 ES and find it a challenge to upshift smoothly . . . consistently. I try not to rev it and then let off on the gas just before shifting and I still seem to get a somewhat jerky upshift fairly often. It is smoother the higher the gear (probably no surprise) but I would like to consistently shift those lower gears more smoothly. Also I have to let it slow down a lot to keep from revving and jerking on the downshift also (even in the higher gears). I don't want to abuse it and I like to shift smoothly whether I'm driving my car or ATV. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Mine shifts smooth in every gear. You might want to check and see if the clutch needs adjusted.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I found the same when I first started driving the ES. Don't let off for more than a split second then get right back into it, it'll be jerky if you pause too long. Will come real smooth once you get the hang of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.