·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Reactions: Scuba_Tacoma

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey jeep,

Thank you SO MUCH for uploading all of the manuals and docs to Google Drive... what a great share!!

I just purchased a 2012 Honda Rubicon 500, and was looking for the service manual... now I have it. Now I'd like to find the owners manual, as my machine did not come with one. I always like to have and keep those, to become familiar with it.

Thanks again and take care,

Gregg

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
I didn't upload all of those, just posted the link, but glad I could help.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hey jeep,

Thank you SO MUCH for uploading all of the manuals and docs to Google Drive... what a great share!!

I just purchased a 2012 Honda Rubicon 500, and was looking for the service manual... now I have it. Now I'd like to find the owners manual, as my machine did not come with one. I always like to have and keep those, to become familiar with it.

Gregg

Check in this list, I'm not sure of the letter designation on your Rubicon.

https://www.manualslib.com/2/2012+honda+rubicon+owner's+manual.html

The titles seem to be all over the place, the one below is for a 2011 TRX500FE, but the title said 2012 Rubicon. So you may have to click around some. Did find one for my '87 TRX350D there.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/822182/Honda-Trx500fe.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks to all for the help, but I still cannot find the correct manual. Super-frustrating, it shouldn't be this hard to do...

I do have a few other general questions, which I would be able to answer for myself had I had an owner's manual:

1.) When parking the ATV, what do you guys leave the transmission in? There's L-D-N-R... no Park?!? I had a Polaris before for a short time and that had a 'P' for Park. I don't just want to engage the front brake. Doesn't seem like the only thing to do.

2.) When shifting, am I supposed to 'squeeze' the rear (right-hand) brake lever? I see/hear a switch in that one... thinking it's for something. Again, the manual would help here. :(

3.) When using the EPS or going from 2x4 to 4x4, is there anything special to do? Should the machine be stationary or moving? Does it matter? I don't want to cause any damage to any components.

Sorry for the noob questions, I'm new to ATVs... and want to be sure I'm doing things right.

Thanks to all for any help.

Gregg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Spoke too soon... the 2005-2008 is not the correct manual. I don't have the Mode Select Switch (guessing the Hondamatic function) on the left side of mine.

The rating plate (sticker) underneath the back of the machine shows 'TRX500FA', and it's again, a 2012.

Guess I'll have to call a dealer... but I hear these manuals are at a premium price. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
Leave the bike in neutral when parking and set the brake for an automatic.

The right hand brake is the front brakes, not the rear, the left is the rear brakes.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
Don't need to squeeze brakes when shifting. Just shift.

I don't think it will allow you to switch from Auto to ESP while moving. If you flip the switch it won't change modes until you stop.

·
Premium Member
6,279 Posts
4wd is on the fly. If the front and rear speed sensors are not spinning at the same speed the ECU will not activate the 4wd actuator, so the machine can be shifted into 4wd via the switch while on the move, but it won't actually go into 4wd unless you are stopped, or all 4 wheels are spinning at the same speed.

Point being, shifting into 4wd while moving is perfectly ok.

·
Registered
566 Posts
My speed sensors must not be working cause mine will grind if I hit the button moving on ice, rear tires moving faster than the front. I do know for mine the manual says to engage when at a full stop...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank You

Hey jeep,

Gregg
Thanks for the download, far better than the Haynes manual that i bought

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.