Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great ride yesterday.

The fires really took there toll out there, it looked like another planet out there.

I found out my 3000 pound winch will not pull out my bike burried over the tires in mud while attatched to a certain BF 650 just as burried. After about an hour of pulling, and letting the winches cool down, we got both out. It was the nastiest hole I have ever seen. We were in the "pond" by the mudflats. And NOTHING could have made it through there w/o a winch or some one pulling it out.

It was very dry out there still. Hog Island which usually has 2-3 feet of water on it was bone dry.

But Mike and I did our best to hit every mudhole we could find, and I pulled him out of the ones he couldn't make it through.

Thanks again to Mike and the certain ******* Woman, who managed to not get a speck of mud on her, and forgot her camera to get the pics of us all stuck.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
sounds like it wont be very nice for a memorial weekend ride then unless we get MAJOR rain

so the "pond" is completly dry also? thats crazy!

typical woman

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
We rode in Bunnell Sunday and I was also VERY STUCK....TWICE! Actually, a couple people commented that they had NEVER seen a bike THAT STUCK before!
The first time I got stuck (over the tires) was also in a dried lake area and both my new FRONT AND BACK bumpers got snatched off!!!! They finally got me out with a jeep.....I was starting to get worried. Wish I could say I didn't get a speck of mud on me but since I had to spend some time DIGGING the mud away from my back tires and then had mud flying off my tires as I drove away, I was covered! We didn't get out of the woods til around 11:30 PM!
BUT....it was still fun!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE ("deadmullet":l25atzt4)
so the "pond" is completly dry also? thats crazy!
Dry is not the word I would use to describe it. There is no standing water, but if you jump up and down on it you can see waves like on a waterbed 10 feet away. Its only dry on top, the muck is down there trust me.

But we still managed to have a good time, despite the dust.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
5a was the same way.. NO water anywhere, not even in the raccon trail.... Mud out there was terrible and stinky like fish..wonder why????lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
Sorry I missed the ride on Sunday I was helping my mom. I would like to go out this weekend. We are supposed to get a good amount of rain tonight and tomorrow. Memorial weekend is still up in the air. Hopefully we can figure it out in a few days.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It was a great time at SE even though it was dry and dusty. Yeah, Mike and Mike were slightly burried, unbelievable.
Sorry I forgot my camera. I was disappointed too since I had the girls with us which is amazing in itself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.