Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’ve been on here reading discussions about the same issue I’m having but still no luck. I have a 2003 trx 450 I rebuilt the carb and have cleaned it 4-5 different times and made sure everything was correct. I can only get it to idle with the choke on and it sputters and backfires with a bit of throttle. I even sprayed some starting fluid with it running around the boot from the carb to the motor to see if the boot had a leak and no luck.

·
Registered
2003 Foreman 450s
111 Posts
Sure sounds like you still have some issues dirty carb jetting or passageways.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Evan though you have already cleaned it i would pull the pilot jet and clean it because that is what controls the way your bike idles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I’ve been on here reading discussions about the same issue I’m having but still no luck. I have a 2003 trx 450 I rebuilt the carb and have cleaned it 4-5 different times and made sure everything was correct. I can only get it to idle with the choke on and it sputters and backfires with a bit of throttle. I even sprayed some starting fluid with it running around the boot from the carb to the motor to see if the boot had a leak and no luck.
I had the exact same issue. I found that the center of the slow jet was clogged. I found a sewing needle that would fit in the side holes of jet. Used it to clear the center hole in jet. Starts Idles great now without choke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts