Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 rub icon it will shift into drive and reverse. In drive it won't come out of first gear
On panel d1 d2 and esp are all flashing on off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes tried all three modes won't come out of firstQUOTE (swamp yankee @ May 17 2009, 10:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127278
04 rub icon it will shift into drive and reverse. In drive it won't come out of first gear
On panel d1 d2 and esp are all flashing on off. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
What code are you showing? My '01 is doing the same thing right now and shows code 5. I've tested the angle sensor and it seems good, next is the shift motor. I need to wait a couple of days first as my water pump is pulled off trying to fix a leak and I can't find those damned metric specialty o rings anywhere! The local dealer had to order them for me. Once the water pump is back on and the oil leak is fixed (hopefully Wednesday), then I'll tackle the code 5 and let you know what mine turned out to be.

Good luck!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (sethjamto @ May 18 2009, 01:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127339
What code are you showing? My '01 is doing the same thing right now and shows code 5. I've tested the angle sensor and it seems good, next is the shift motor. I need to wait a couple of days first as my water pump is pulled off trying to fix a leak and I can't find those damned metric specialty o rings anywhere! The local dealer had to order them for me. Once the water pump is back on and the oil leak is fixed (hopefully Wednesday), then I'll tackle the code 5 and let you know what mine turned out to be.

Good luck!
To begin with if I wanted to take it to a honda dealer to get ripped off then I wouldn't be on this website no offense. This 04 Rubi was given to a buddy and me. We already have Foremans so this would just be an extra bike. I don't really want to spead a whole lot on the bike. Seth, I am not sure what code is flashing but here is what is on the display

D1
D2
ESP
all flashing on off no sequence or rythm just on off

Battery is dead, but when jumped from another bike display still reads the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (swamp yankee @ May 18 2009, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127348
To begin with if I wanted to take it to a honda dealer to get ripped off then I wouldn't be on this website no offense. This 04 Rubi was given to a buddy and me. We already have Foremans so this would just be an extra bike. I don't really want to spead a whole lot on the bike. Seth, I am not sure what code is flashing but here is what is on the display

D1
D2
ESP
all flashing on off no sequence or rythm just on off

Battery is dead, but when jumped from another bike display still reads the same.
Put a good battery in it (just borrow from another bike) and you can get the code by doing the following.

Push and hold both the up and down shift button simultaniously. While doing this, turn the ignition on and immediately release both shift buttons. The press both shift buttons again for about 2 seconds. The display will not blink as before, but in a rythm. Count the flashes and this is the code being thrown. Then go to this website to check what the code is and how to reset the computer once you fix the problem. Rubicon Codes

Good luck! I'm just learning this stuff too as I am having the same problems (Code 5 for me). I'm trying to get it fixed without bringing it to the dealer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (sethjamto @ May 18 2009, 03:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127371
Put a good battery in it (just borrow from another bike) and you can get the code by doing the following.

Push and hold both the up and down shift button simultaniously. While doing this, turn the ignition on and immediately release both shift buttons. The press both shift buttons again for about 2 seconds. The display will not blink as before, but in a rythm. Count the flashes and this is the code being thrown. Then go to this website to check what the code is and how to reset the computer once you fix the problem. Rubicon Codes

Good luck! I'm just learning this stuff too as I am having the same problems (Code 5 for me). I'm trying to get it fixed without bringing it to the dealer.
Thanks, I will try this and let you know. The last thing I want to do is bring it to the dealer. Between my buddy and me we have 4 foremans, one rancher and one Kawasaki Mule. We need to be able to fix them ourselves.

·
Registered
16 Posts
QUOTE (swamp yankee @ May 19 2009, 10:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127407
Thanks, I will try this and let you know. The last thing I want to do is bring it to the dealer. Between my buddy and me we have 4 foremans, one rancher and one Kawasaki Mule. We need to be able to fix them ourselves.
I hear ya! I finally got the o rings in to fix the oil leak on my water pump today...so I was able to start up and troubleshoot my code 5. I've checked all the wiring, cleaned it, applied liberal amounts of dielectric grease; checked continuity and voltage on the angle sensor; drank another beer; kicked the tire and said a few choice words; started it back up....still a code 5. Cleared the code and re-initialized the machine.....started it up....code 5.....cussed.....kicked tires.....drank another beer....said f-it for the night. Round two starts tomorrow.......

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (sethjamto @ May 19 2009, 05:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127440
I hear ya! I finally got the o rings in to fix the oil leak on my water pump today...so I was able to start up and troubleshoot my code 5. I've checked all the wiring, cleaned it, applied liberal amounts of dielectric grease; checked continuity and voltage on the angle sensor; drank another beer; kicked the tire and said a few choice words; started it back up....still a code 5. Cleared the code and re-initialized the machine.....started it up....code 5.....cussed.....kicked tires.....drank another beer....said f-it for the night. Round two starts tomorrow.......
I like the way you work :funnypost: Time to ride for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
QUOTE (swamp yankee @ May 20 2009, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=127468
I like the way you work :funnypost: Time to ride for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually throw some tools around too that doesnt really help but it makes me feel better... then drink some more beer and say Efff It

·
Registered
3 Posts
I HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE AS ABOVE. I AM GOING TO START WITH WIRING ANS SEE WHERE IT GETS ME. I ALSO HAVE A CODE 5. LET ME KNOW IF YOU GUYS FIND OUT ANYTHING.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see this thread just kind of died... sethjamto, were you able to get your code 5 resolved? My '03 is doing the same thing, and I'd like to pin down the issue before I throw parts at it...

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts