Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between between a Rubicon and a Foreman? The one that I'm looking at is a Rubicon, but the seller told me that they are basically the same thing.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Rubicon 500 (499cc) Foreman 500 (475cc)
Ruby has stiffer suspension than the foreman for work in mind
Ruby has the fully automatic hondamatic transmission

·
Registered
885 Posts
QUOTE (navycraig @ Feb 15 2010, 11:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145871
What's the difference between between a Rubicon and a Foreman? The one that I'm looking at is a Rubicon, but the seller told me that they are basically the same thing.

basically same bike with some minor suspension changes for the rubicon. the engines and trannys are totally different. rubicon is a liquid cooled 495cc with the hondamatic auto tranny. it has a low range also that the regular foreman s lacks. the foreman is an air cooled 475 with a different tranny.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I tell my buddy's (foreman riders) that the Foreman is a great bike, the Rubicon is the Foreman with [email protected] :storm

·
Registered
163 Posts
if u like worrying about making sure ur raditor has enough water and its not clogged with mud then the rubicon is for you.

if u like alot of electronics and the thought of what water does to them then the rubi is for you.

if u like a competior for the polaris sportsman 500 then the rubi is for you.

BUT if u like good wholesome fun, reliability, knowing ur quad will get u home, and no electronics that u depends to get fried by water, THEN THE FOREMAN IS FOR YOU!

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
QUOTE (HoldMyBeerWatchThis @ Mar 8 2010, 11:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=148528
if u like worrying about making sure ur raditor has enough water and its not clogged with mud then the rubicon is for you.

if u like alot of electronics and the thought of what water does to them then the rubi is for you.

if u like a competior for the polaris sportsman 500 then the rubi is for you.

BUT if u like good wholesome fun, reliability, knowing ur quad will get u home, and no electronics that u depends to get fried by water, THEN THE FOREMAN IS FOR YOU!
Alot of guys here including myself will very much disagree. Ive never had a problem with my radiator being clogged and its been burried. Never had a problem with my electronics (foreman is the same) and its been submerged. Polaris is no compairison.... its about 10mph faster but the rubi of the foreman will out tow it in a second with their extreamly low gearing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i wa just poking fun... no those are the reasons i didnt buy the rubi.
i wanted to get the closer thing there was to the old foreman which as u can see in my signaiture i have 89 trx350d foreman and it is over 20 years old ive put it thru ****, sunk it a couple times and actually gods honest truth i drove it right off of a cliff of 20ft high at the river in to rocks (thats what i got for drinking heaviley and driving at night somewhere i had never been) and all this stuff and its all original and runs better than my 500.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Got ya. My uncle has one of those and I think it has only 400 miles on it, still the original tires from when he bought it new. When I bought mine I didnt want power steering because thats just another thing to break or go bad, I know what you mean. Happieness through simplicity.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was in the same boat as this guy...I was goin to buy a new honda just didnt know which one, either rubi or foreman...Liked to Rubicon with the auto tranny and being able to shift also, but all ive ever riden have been foremans so I was kinda partial to the foreman.

So I went to the dealer with a check and the plan on gettin a new honda...rode both of them but come home with a new foreman es. Really liked the auto on the Rubi but didnt want to spend the extra $1400 difference between the two. Either way youll love it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have to disagree about the radiator- after a day of riding the overheat lights comes on ALOT. I really do not want to move it to the rack and loose the look and the space. also you have to check the fan. it will be stuck because of the mud and you have to move it with your finger so it will rotate when it heats up. saying all of that we look the machine. we just have to look at them two issues and we are good. we just bought a pump that is 12vdc and we now have a way to clean the radaitor. we are all good!

·
Registered
9 Posts
QUOTE (joseph9936 @ Mar 15 2010, 12:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=149280
I have to disagree about the radiator- after a day of riding the overheat lights comes on ALOT. I really do not want to move it to the rack and loose the look and the space. also you have to check the fan. it will be stuck because of the mud and you have to move it with your finger so it will rotate when it heats up. saying all of that we look the machine. we just have to look at them two issues and we are good. we just bought a pump that is 12vdc and we now have a way to clean the radaitor. we are all good!

I always had the foot shift hondas , air cooled no problem, then I got a 05 500 forman liked it tell I rode with a friend with a rubi .I traded it for the powersteering 09 rubi love it especily when low range is needed!! so to each their own I like them both but ride the rubi..

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
QUOTE (joseph9936 @ Mar 15 2010, 02:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=149280
i Never had the temp light come on my 06 rubi and i love mud...even after 5hr mud ride at spring jam in parry sound....(most of the poo's did)..... I clean the rad 5-6 times a year. the rad is protected quite well with plastic. I think u have other issues or u dont keep ur rad clean. IMO

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
QUOTE (navycraig @ Feb 15 2010, 12:28 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145871

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (joseph9936 @ Mar 15 2010, 02:28 PM)
i Never had the temp light come on my 06 rubi and i love mud...even after 5hr mud ride at spring jam in parry sound....(most of the poo's did)..... I clean the rad 5-6 times a year. the rad is protected quite well with plastic. I think u have other issues or u dont keep ur rad clean. IMO
well you maybe right because we start riding at 10am and do not finish untill 2:00am and that means alot of mud. mostly at Mud Nats in Jacksonville, lot of stooping at night checking the girls out! :happyI eally do not want to rack the radiator so i made a portable pump to clean it out. If we do not clean it out 2 twice a day in the stuff we ride in then we would have to chip it out the next day. We do not go around anuthing!haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in the same boat as some of you . I have had 2 Formans ,a 1987 350 full time 4x4 and a 2001 450s and loved both of them . I passed the 350 down to my dad to have a bike to hunt on . He is 73 now and needs the ride to get to his stands . My step son just totaled my 450s so I am looking at replacing it with a new Forman or Rubi . I live in the south so snow plowing will not factor in . I will use it to hunt ,work on the farm and around the house and have a little fun but it will not be a mud bog bike . I have not been on a Rubi but have friends that have them and they love it . So help me out with your PRO'S & CON'S .
Thanks !
Scutt Dog

·
Registered
163 Posts
well i was at trucks gone wild in hortense,Ga. and i was trying to pull a rancher out the mud and my winch was acting up.

a guy on a rubi asked if i needed him i said yes so he hooked up to my buddy started to pull on him and he couldnt even budge him loose. he tried and tried until his rubi was over heating due to the mud in his radotr (ok the mud could be from a year of not cleaning i dont know)

but i finally got my cable out and i hooked back up to my buddy gave a couple yanks and wam bam hes out.

but i love the hondas formean and rubi because we are the ones everyone calls for when they are stuck, every brand every size asks for us!

·
Registered
68 Posts
well i was at trucks gone wild in hortense,Ga. and i was trying to pull a rancher out the mud and my winch was acting up.

a guy on a rubi asked if i needed him i said yes so he hooked up to my buddy started to pull on him and he couldnt even budge him loose. he tried and tried until his rubi was over heating due to the mud in his radotr (ok the mud could be from a year of not cleaning i dont know)

but i finally got my cable out and i hooked back up to my buddy gave a couple yanks and wam bam hes out.

but i love the hondas formean and rubi because we are the ones everyone calls for when they are stuck, every brand every size asks for us!
I wouldnt have anything else!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts