1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i figured i would have to make a homemade one..Ive looked at that snorkel your talking about on ansley.net but thats not what im wanting i dont want it coming out up under the seat i want it coming out the front fender...thanks for your help tho

·
Registered
350 Posts
My buddy just bought an '03 Ruby, and we took the plastic off yesterday to see how we can snork it. There is plenty of room behind the black leg protector piece, and then drill a 2" hole in the inner fender and then up through the fender and rack. We haven't done his yet but plan on it very soon. I wll take step by step pics and post them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a triangle kit on my Rubi, it was a really involved install since it was not made for that bike. But the finished product looks really good.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes... I had to bend the lines for the oil cooler to make way for the riser pipe. Also the 500S oil dipstick is on the oposite side of the bike so my snorkel covers mine. I have to remove that part of the snorkel to check or fill oil.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i did the same thing as jrich but instead of takes off peice of the snorkel i bought another rubber connecter and made an easier reamovable peice where the dipstick goes. i can take pics if u want them.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That sounds like a good idea, can you post some??

- Jacob

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i know this is not how you are wanting to make your snorkel but this is how i did mine. i took the front plastic off and there is a little black plastic part that routs the air to the intake, take that off. then get flex hose and silicone it to the stock snorkel. after that put the front plastic on and rout the flex hose up between the headlight pod and the plastic (you will have to cut the body plastic to make it fit better). it is alittle different than you were wanting to do but i thought i would tell you how i snorked my 03 rubicon. i hope you understand what i am taking about because i do not have any pics. also rubicon3303 has the same type of setup, maby you could look at his if you were interested.
-Aaron

·
Registered
102 Posts
all i did was buy a 2" to 2" rubber connection at home depot it was like $3 and trim the down tube. you'll have to cut like an inch or 2 off so that it goes on and off easier but it works great and mine is deffinitly water tight. i've had it over the racks way more then once.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.