Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to decide which one of these to buy. Can you give me any advice on the rubicon. I thought about buying a AC but I think i'm going to stick with honda. That is all I have ever owned I know that it will last forever. I'm going to post this in the Foreman Area as well to see what they say about it. Thanks for any replys.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I would recommend the Foreman S. More simple and no ESP electronics to fail.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rubicon all the way. Its a true 500(499). My freind has a 2006 forman and I blow him away. Every time we go for a good run (250km) we have to wait for him because his bike gets to hot (forman air cool).If your looking for power go with the rubicon(speed and pulling) On my rubicon I pull my 22 foot camper trailer around ,with no problem. Every bike has its problems

·
Registered
317 Posts
personally id go wiht the foreman while the rubicon is nice i dont like auto or esp trannys and the other nite rideing my friends rubicon bogged to where it would not spin the tires unless it was in esp and he only has 25s

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
I really like the Rubicon for so many reasons

1)The tramsmission, It changes as my riding stlye
does from the desert flats to the mountians
I become one with the machine.And it has a most
excellent engine braking set up.

2)The engine,great power for me Quiet and liquid
cooled, I ride all year long in temps up to 115°
and in the mountains around 9000ft @ temps of
25° and never had a jetting issue.

3)The suspension,even with the SRA I ride for
8+ hours and I can still walk ! between my two
boxes I carry around 300lbs and with the low center of gravity it hugs the mountian switchbacks
The best thing I did was to put 26" Bighorns 9"
in the front and 12" at the rear and this raised my
ground clearance 1 1/2" without making it tippy.

I run it hard in some very extreme conditions
however I keep a very close eye on the maintance
and always do a pre ride inspection with just over
3500 miles on it all I do is ride and thats what
I'm talking about

The most important thing is to be happy with
whatever you get,and be sure to drive them both

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do the new rubicons hold up? I'm looking at buying a used 06 with 400 miles on it and it has quit a bit of stuff on it for $6300. What do you guys think?[/img]

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
QUOTE ("treeax":15l2016f)
Rubicon all the way. Its a true 500(499). My freind has a 2006 forman and I blow him away. Every time we go for a good run (250km) we have to wait for him because his bike gets to hot (forman air cool).If your looking for power go with the rubicon(speed and pulling) On my rubicon I pull my 22 foot camper trailer around ,with no problem. Every bike has its problems
I've never had my 500 overheat, I personally like the air cooled engine. Both great machines.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Northwoodsdon where did you get those tow hooks on the front of your bike and is that plexiglass over your headlights

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you guys think about the deal? PIcs are in my signature under 06 Rubicon you have to double click to make it larger. Just wanting some opinions on the price. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.