Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 20 Posts

· Registered
286 Posts
if you take it anywhere a trans shop is the last place you want to be.Go to a shop that specializes in hydraulic pumps and motors especially the kind found in heavy equipment (dozers,rollers,excavators).in the meantime get yourself a new one and install it then see what the hydralics shop comes up with.most of the time it's something stupid inside these things that fails.

· Registered
286 Posts
it doesn't hurt to have them check it out....Honda mech will tell you tho that Honda does not offer any repair parts as Honda wants the whole thing replaced as a unit.the only reason i see this is it's relationship to the motor with oil pressure and the qualifications of people diving into a hydraulic motor.if you have a shop that does ALOT of hydraulics from hystat dozers and such take it to them and let them check it out because it won't hurt.Now i'm not saying that's a saving grace as you will still need to prolly get another transmission but they may just be able to fix it if it's something stupid that is really wrong with it.it never hurts to ask.the other problem is your time involved with it.a whole teardown and they say they fixed it and you put it all together only to find it doesn't work then your out a whole bunch of time for another whole teardown.myself i fix anything so i would have to toy with it and make it work as i have with many other hydraulic motor and pumpsets it is time consuming tho as you don't just tear them apart and say "yup that's it" you have to measure every little part and check clearances.this is the only reason i havn't bought a rubicon and that's because of this problem.

1 - 2 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.