Attachments

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
nice pic's
I wish I have vies like that here, or, better yet
places to ride like that !
the western states have it all IMO
Hoping to get back out that way again some day!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice pic's
I wish I have vies like that here, or, better yet
places to ride like that !
the western states have it all IMO
Hoping to get back out that way again some day!
Thanks mrbb! I love living out here. I've always lived on the western side of the Rocky Mountains except for a few short periods that I lived in Manitoba Canada and the Southern US. I've traveled a lot with work and there are definitely some beautiful places that I would love to live across North America. I'm not saying that Rocky Mountains are the best but it's tough to beat this location. My house is only minutes away from trailheads that take you through some beautiful country.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I have lived on the easy coast all my life but have been lucky in I have spent a bunch of time out west and all over North America( as I been in Canada a lot so)
I have driven from Slat lake city up to Pindale WY (and farther north too) a few times over the yrs
so guessing I drove thru the area your pic's might be near

I have seen the rockys from a lot of places
always makes me wish I would have moved out wets when I had the chance to do so and make a living at it
BUT for some DUMB reason I guess I didn't
and now, seems I'm stuck where I am for now, or until I hit that dam powerball and then I'm moving west as fast as I can get there LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been to this place and its beautiful! One of the most gorgeous places I have ever been in! Your pictures look great! It reminds me of my trip and makes me wanna go there again!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Beautiful Utah ......

Just a quick little story .....
My girlfriend and I had spent the night in Lander, Wyoming and were travelling west on #30 .... around the bottom of Bear Lake to Garden City, #89 over the pass, and the long grade down to the Salt Lake basin. It was a late Sunday afternoon .... dark and cloudy.
We were two-up on my FXRS Lowrider. Most traffic was heading back down, and we were in a line of vehicles. Two pickup trucks in front of us, string of vehicles behind us. We were on a straight stretch of 'ballasted' roadway (built up to cross a gully) .....

I could see an animal running parallel to the road on the right ... in front of us.... but below the level of the black top.
Suddenly a cow moose lunged up onto the road, her hind end went down, she started to regain her footing when her calf followed her onto the road.
I grabbed brake, bike was squirrely, released brake, and we squeaked through between them. Lynn said that she could have reached out and touched either one.
The moose made it safely across the road .... I could see in my mirror.

You live in a beautiful state ...... have put many motorcycle miles on there ....
Happy Trails to you .....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have lived on the easy coast all my life but have been lucky in I have spent a bunch of time out west and all over North America( as I been in Canada a lot so)
I have driven from Slat lake city up to Pindale WY (and farther north too) a few times over the yrs
so guessing I drove thru the area your pic's might be near

I have seen the rockys from a lot of places
always makes me wish I would have moved out wets when I had the chance to do so and make a living at it
BUT for some DUMB reason I guess I didn't
and now, seems I'm stuck where I am for now, or until I hit that dam powerball and then I'm moving west as fast as I can get there LOL
mrbb, I really do love it here. I have been from SLC to Pinedale on many occasions. I actually grew up on a farm in beautiful Western WY. I really just love this entire Rocky Mountain region surrounding UT, WY, and ID.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been to this place and its beautiful! One of the most gorgeous places I have ever been in! Your pictures look great! It reminds me of my trip and makes me wanna go there again!
There are some really beautiful areas across this entire region UT, WY, ID. I love it out here. If you are ever out this way let's go on a ride.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Beautiful Utah ......

Just a quick little story .....
My girlfriend and I had spent the night in Lander, Wyoming and were travelling west on #30 .... around the bottom of Bear Lake to Garden City, #89 over the pass, and the long grade down to the Salt Lake basin. It was a late Sunday afternoon .... dark and cloudy.
We were two-up on my FXRS Lowrider. Most traffic was heading back down, and we were in a line of vehicles. Two pickup trucks in front of us, string of vehicles behind us. We were on a straight stretch of 'ballasted' roadway (built up to cross a gully) .....

I could see an animal running parallel to the road on the right ... in front of us.... but below the level of the black top.
Suddenly a cow moose lunged up onto the road, her hind end went down, she started to regain her footing when her calf followed her onto the road.
I grabbed brake, bike was squirrely, released brake, and we squeaked through between them. Lynn said that she could have reached out and touched either one.
The moose made it safely across the road .... I could see in my mirror.

You live in a beautiful state ...... have put many motorcycle miles on there ....
Happy Trails to you .....
I'm glad you are ok! That is a scary story and could have ended tragically. I spend a lot of time in the summer over at Bear Lake. It has some of the most beautiful turquoise water that you would never expect to find in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts