Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
OR get a more mud capable atv like the BF650/750 or a Polairs 500/700/800 or Yamaha 660/700 or King Quad 700 or a Can-am 500/650/700 or any Arctic Cat 500M/650H1/700

not going with honda ISNT the end of the world you know.. once you tear into the trani you lose any ""reliability"" that honda has.
any of those bikes just put in a simple clutch sping kit and you'l sling those laws like no tomorrow

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
my friend has a 660 grizzly that is all fixed up, he has 29.5" and he turns them fine. he has it bored, jetted,hmf,clutch kit, and some other stuff. i really like the grizzly, if there wasnt a brute i would get the grizz hands down.
-Aaron

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
QUOTE ("mudslinger4":393y1ynj)
Do you have a GRIZZLY...do you feel the same about 660
He's getting a 700.

I know a guy with a 660, its a hunk of crap IMO.

If you want a real mudder get a Arctic Cat. But you can make your Rinny do good in the mud, it can't compete with any of the other big bores though.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
QUOTE ("350hondaman":1yxjikyb)
wouldent go over a 27" on a rincon, and yes it would be much better then a rancher. actually it would walk all over a rancher in the mud, thats IRS for yah.
Maybe bone stock, 28's are fine but you'll need mods. The TRD isn't needed to turn 28" Mud Zilla's or Outlaws but it sure as **** helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If u are seriousley wanting to be a mudder..the rincon is not for you....u can change internal things in the transmission and in the motor....but it still wobt be as good as just buyin a cat or a polaris......

Seriousley...its just gonna be a money pit and your friends with the polaris and cats will be pulling u out 90% of the time regardless...

if u arent a mudder the rinny would be fine....but there is no serious honda mud bike right now....And dont say the foreman cause it is not a SERIOUS mud bike....at least not against a polaris with 29.5's or a brute....there is no honda that can match these other bigbores in the mud....

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
QUOTE ("jamesrancher03":1y1zgdyv)
If u are seriousley wanting to be a mudder..the rincon is not for you....u can change internal things in the transmission and in the motor....but it still wobt be as good as just buyin a cat or a polaris......

Seriousley...its just gonna be a money pit and your friends with the polaris and cats will be pulling u out 90% of the time regardless...

if u arent a mudder the rinny would be fine....but there is no serious honda mud bike right now....And dont say the foreman cause it is not a SERIOUS mud bike....at least not against a polaris with 29.5's or a brute....there is no honda that can match these other bigbores in the mud....
Yup, you can make a Rinny mud, but it can't compete.

Nicest Rincon I ever saw was HLForeman's from HL. What a bike that was.
I'm just waiting for my 3" lift to be ready

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea thats what everybody said about my wimpy RANCHER 350, you cant put big tires on it ,it wont go B.S. it goes great just has no GC.... 2" lift 27"tires an 9" of GC. Thats all that holds it back an trust me i've had it some nasty mud, water over gas cap...i've even feled my waders a time or two...so i hope my rincon treats me as will as my rancher has it better i just bought one yestrday..

·
Registered
122 Posts
QUOTE ("mudslinger4":22p7fw91)
Yea thats what everybody said about my wimpy RANCHER 350, you cant put big tires on it ,it wont go B.S. it goes great just has no GC.... 2" lift 27"tires an 9" of GC. Thats all that holds it back an trust me i've had it some nasty mud, water over gas cap...i've even feled my waders a time or two...so i hope my rincon treats me as will as my rancher has it better i just bought one yestrday..

a Question,,, How much do you weigh?

My daughter gets on my RINCON with 28's and tears it up,,,, Me,, Im quite heathy & weight does make a difference.. I seem to make it stick to the Bottom pretty well in deep water....

I'll send ya some Pitcs if ya want.

Team WFO
ROUND MAN

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.