Honda Foreman Forums banner

Rincon Wench Set-up

6K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  GIXXERGUY6 
#1 ·
Well.. As of now, ya'll know that I love my 650 Rincon and it being Snorkled. And I love going deep. Here Is the dilema.. I am currently purchasing a Rincon front bash plate with the wench accessories and mounting bracket. I am wanting to put a nice wench on my ride. As long as the wench switch is on the handlebars...Is the wench sealed enough for me to be playing in water and swimming? Or am I waisting $600.00 to have a wench go to crap. I am ordering these ASAP so any answers quick would be really appreciated. Thanks

#3 ·
Well...Here are the latest mods awaiting the WINCH....I think it really dressed up the front of the bike .. Looks Tough.. And the Winch is about to be ordered.

#5 ·
Thanks Railroader..Do you have a winch?.. I am still confused. I dont mind paying for a good winch.. But have just heard of several people that have Warn Winchs and that they have died in water after 6 months. And these are supposed to be the best? What do I do. I want it to be a ONE TIME big purchase.. I gotta order this probably on Monday before the money gets spent elsewhere... You know how that goes.

#6 ·
I don't have a winch, but like you, ive heard that the Warn was one of the
best. My buddy bought a Superwinch about a month ago & it is already in
the trash, so definately don't recomend that one.

#7 ·
OK...Thats one down.. Thanx Railroader

#8 ·
Anythime. I don't know a lot, but what little i do know, i like to say .

#9 ·
Truegrit has a mile marker winch and he likes it. he had some trouble out of the box like a bad contacter or something but i dont think you can blame them on a faulty electrical part, maybe he will chime with a review

they are also made around here locally, i dont know if that would help you make your decision but i personally like to try to help support the local guy if i can

#10 ·
Thanks Deadmullet..and I have heard of several people with the Milemarker winch..So far so good. And Railroader....Your opinion is always welcome. As well as anyone elses. Thanx guys. After all..who would I be able to blame when the winch goes to $hit if you guys didn't steer me to it. Ha Ha Ha Ha JJ

#11 ·
QUOTE ("Rincon 650":buu6plxr)
Thanks Railroader..Do you have a winch?.. I am still confused. I dont mind paying for a good winch.. But have just heard of several people that have Warn Winchs and that they have died in water after 6 months. And these are supposed to be the best? What do I do. I want it to be a ONE TIME big purchase.. I gotta order this probably on Monday before the money gets spent elsewhere... You know how that goes.
this is prolly late, but i'll post my experience.

Warn winches have never failed any of the people I have known to have them on Trucks.........

I have one on my 03 rinny and my buddy used it about 10 times in the last few years and for plowing.......I have used it about 10 times since I got it 3 weeks ago.........(twice stuck, once to test it out, and a handful of times to winch down'd trees out of the way)

I put the cable about 12 ft up on a tree and winched myself out of a hole and off a log i got hi center'd on and I kept pulling(mind you with the engine not running)I pulled the bike all the way up the 12ft of tree to the end of the cable.I was impressed.

I have had the winch submerged in water about half the time I have been riding it.........one thing I do is when I wash the bike I get the winch nice and wet................then get home and hook the winch to a tree and freespool it out and winch it back in to make sure she is working and has a nice and need spool.

I've winched a 60 ft 12" diameter tree out of the way with it. I will be winching another bigger one out of the way of a trail as soon as i get my snatch blocks and d rings and I can anchor my arse of the atv to another tree as so it won't pull me in lol.

yeah bigger is always better so if you have the loot get the 3.0, but i have the 2.5............IF I ever upgrade I'll have to figure out what to do in order to get a 4.0 to fit on the ute atv,(they say it's only for RTV's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.