Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered it today, I am getting it from Turner Cycles. I talk at length with Daniel Turner about them. He said they tested w/ 4 28x12 mudzillas on it and it was better than a stock rincon gearing wise. He also said it was still squatting the rear end in 3rd gear w/ the zillas on. Crazy huh. I will let you know how it turns out when I get them.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
So you've bit the bullet huh? I have talked & visited with Daniel
myself at great lengths. I probably kept askin' the same ol' stupid
questions over & over. You oughta' bite the bullet & get him to
custom build you a lift. They are excellant. He builds everthing
from the ground up. They are not cheap though.

·
Registered
118 Posts
man you gotta give us an update on how it rides.do they have a gear reduction for the 05 500 yet

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE ("nate":2pzi9srt)
man you gotta give us an update on how it rides.do they have a gear reduction for the 05 500 yet
He said if he gets enough requests he will make the reductions

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Sweet that things should be crazy, how much did those set you back and when are you supposed to get them.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Price was $425 and hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have 'em
This should solve the biggest complaint from the honda flag model ATV. No low gear. Now U don't need a belt drive to get a mudder.

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
That aint bad at all, those should sell really well. It should stop all of the complaints of no low gear.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i wanted a rincon before i heard abou t all the complaints
since turner cycles announced their gear reduction I want one again

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gears...Gears...Gears...I hope everthing is going well Raveer.

We are just hanging around here...hoping for the best...waiting for a update.

Bones

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still waiting. I promise to let you know how they do when I get 'em

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Dang its been almost 3 weeks. Did they ship it Pony Express or by steam boat?

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update on the gears........................................Still Waiting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I hope you get them before Christmas Break.

Bones

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just hope I get 'em at all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm patiently waiting as well! I got my eyes on that new 06 in camo but would have to do the reduction kit. looking forward to hearing about it.

Jeff

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they were in heat treating last week, and are supposed to arrive at the end of next week. I will make sure I hold my breath.lmao

·
Registered
83 Posts
mAN STILL NO DELIVERY?

He took the info off his website. I am wondering if hes going to continue making it?

shadow

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HMM interesting.... He took my money so I hope that I get a set.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well here is another update. My buddy John Cannon, Of mud and dirt got his gear installed on his rinny and I got to see them in a few tests. I cannot say much because I have been sworn to secrecy, but the gears do work and they are very difficult to install. With good traction, I saw John have to sit ALL the way on the gas tank when he hit the throttle and the front end still jumped into the air. My rinny will not wheelie without a little help, me pulling up on the bars, His instantly wheelied. Now his bike is a bit worn out, needs rings and was suffering froma severe oil leak, which caused him to start slipping the tranny, HE lined up against my rincon. I wasn't riding, as we wanted to get an equal weight race. Both rincons were raced with 28 inch tires. His sick rincon immediatly jumped ahead, but my rincon quickly caught up and because we have a stock higher gear the stock geared rincon, beat the geared rincon. Now John did do some towing tests and some race tests against himself, but I cannot divulge the results until his article in mudders mag is published. So, from what we can see the gears do work, the most noticable is the gearing down low, We will have to wait a little while longer to see it in the mud till he gets his oil leak fixed then I will get some pics of it going thru the mud. Maybe my gears will show up and I can do my own comparison.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts