Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping someone might have an idea as to what this issue is....having an issue with 1999 Foreman 450es

My neutral light and reverse ligt are both on at the same time, so I cant start it. The display doesnt say what gear Im in, it just shows dashes (----). I cant switch gears, nothing happens and I tried the manual "crank" to get it out of whatever gear it was in but that didnt do anything.

If I try to shift up or down, I dont hear the transmission engage.

Ive read it could be anything from an angle sensor to multiple other items.....has anyone run into this before? Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Sounds like a gear position switch problem

Both lights stay on all the time, regardless of which gear it's in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My honda foreman 02 4or is doing the same thing,we turn the key and the lights come on and it wont start,reverse light on and N (neutral)is on in the dash also.we can start it tapping the ceilinoid with a wrench,but wont start otherwise.??plz tell me how to fix this!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the same issue on a2004 350TE Rancher. I found the ignition fuse to be an issue. Key on- both neutral and reverse light on. I pulled the 10 amp ignition fuse and reinstalled it. I noticed when I touched the fuse to the connectors the Reverse light would stay off and the Neutral light would stay on and the temperature light would go on but turn off after 3 seconds. This enabled my engine to start but I will not shift electronically. I going to inspect the fuse box and wiring next.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the same issue on a2004 350TE Rancher. I found the ignition fuse to be an issue. Key on- both neutral and reverse light on. I pulled the 10 amp ignition fuse and reinstalled it. I noticed when I touched the fuse to the connectors the Reverse light would stay off and the Neutral light would stay on and the temperature light would go on but turn off after 3 seconds. This enabled my engine to start but I will not shift electronically. I going to inspect the fuse box and wiring next.
any luck?? having the exact same issue with my 03TRX350FE. just got mine running last night by playing with that ignition fuse but now its back to reverse light and neutral:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts