Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to bypass the requirement to pull the red lever back just exactly right before it will go into reverse? I find mine to be very picky, and it's a stupid feature anyway, since any other atv lets you just shift into reverse via lever. I suspect it going to get annoying when it comes to plowing snow this winter, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is there a way to bypass the requirement to pull the red lever back just exactly right before it will go into reverse? I find mine to be very picky, and it's a stupid feature anyway, since any other atv lets you just shift into reverse via lever. I suspect it going to get annoying when it comes to plowing snow this winter, but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks guys :)
Correct dumb feature....on the cable that runs from the little lever there's an adjuster, adjust it until its no longer necessary to pull it. It won't go into reverse either by accident no worries.It makes it way more user friendly.
Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Will it hurt the transmission over time. I have a 2016 rubicon. Or can I just tie the red handle open for now. Pain in ass for plowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
If you have the automatic Rubicon it won't let you shift fast enough to cause damage. If you have the foot shift then it is possible for you to shift fast enough to give problems. A little common sense and shifting when stopped and you will have no problems. Every 4 wheeler I have has the reverse lock out deleted.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good Advice. I did the same. There is a small jam nut on the barrel adjuster on the cable, just a few inches from the red lever . Just spin the barrel adjuster counter clockwise to maybe 8-10 revolutions enough for the reverse to engage without pulling the lever. The re-tighten the jam nut....done.

I took me long me longer to type this than to do it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how to delete reverse lever on the newer style mechanism. I have a 16 rancher dct eps, adjusting cable does not work on newer dual parking brake/ reverse lever. Plowing snow will be a pain! Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
All I have ever done is adjust the cable to delete it on the newer body style machines.

You could grind the little off of the lever and delete it the old way with something holding the lever open.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone know how to delete reverse lever on the newer style mechanism. I have a 16 rancher dct eps, adjusting cable does not work on newer dual parking brake/ reverse lever. Plowing snow will be a pain! Thanks in advance.
Hey there - this is a long shot, but I have the same quad... have you had issues with the bike not shifting into reverse every time you try to shift? Mine will miss about ever 5th or so try (very frustrating). You hear the shift motor actuate, but it doesn't go into gear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey there - this is a long shot, but I have the same quad... have you had issues with the bike not shifting into reverse every time you try to shift? Mine will miss about ever 5th or so try (very frustrating). You hear the shift motor actuate, but it doesn't go into gear.

No. only when I had to many bubblies lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just went down to where it pulls the lever on the back side of the crankcase. Pulled the lever manually, 2 zip ties to keep it pulled, done.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I did it on mine, but have since taken it off after the first time I ground the gears shifting into reverse, it wasn't worth the cost of my tranny to save 2 seconds of my time....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts