Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old reverse cable broke and I bought a new one from dealership and now that I put it in I can’t get the tension on there, the little pin in place but when I press the button down and pull the brake nothing happens. When I pull the actual cable from side of atv and downshift then it goes into reverse. How do I properly put the cable in, could anyone show a picture of theirs? It’s a 1998 foreman 400

·
Registered
426 Posts
Should be either a threaded adjustment on the handle bar or down on the engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also where the cable connects to the engine does it fit onto something or does it just hang there?
The threaded adjustment is on the end that mounts to the engine. It is right above the lever / arm that you attach the barrel shaped end of the cable to. If you have the handlebar end connected correctly then all you have to do is mount the engine side of the cable in the small bracket (cable holder). You should had to remove the old cable from that bracket

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The threaded adjustment is on the end that mounts to the engine. It is right above the lever / arm that you attach the barrel shaped end of the cable to. If you have the handlebar end connected correctly then all you have to do is mount the engine side of the cable in the small bracket (cable holder). You should had to remove the old cable from that bracket
Hey read this and noticed there was no cable holder by the lever on bottom of engine searched around and found it by the left side where the foot shifter is, unhooked it from there and got the rest hooked up now I have reverse. Bought the quad recently as a project something to wrench on during free time got reverse working now. No idea why it was there just randomly

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is always a special challenge to work on something that someone else messed up...

Glad you got it sorted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts