Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to this site. I have a 2001 forman 450es I cant find any info on the reverse button lock out can anyone out there help me out.

searcher

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
2 ways I have found around this. One, take a strong zip tie, wire tie, push the reverse button down, and zip tie to keep it down. Thats what I used to do. All you gotta do then is pull the brake lever and shift down. Or you can PM 1badrat on this board, he made a neat little thing that keeps the reverse cable stretched, im running one of those now and it works good. All you gotta do is shift down no button, or brake handle.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
yeah that is high tech stuff right there; yeah you have to pull the handle. I would have used a black tie if I had one. I actually just rigged that up real fast to take a picture. Now im using the 1badrat way of doing it, I need to get a picture of that or, Chuck, if you are reading this, you got a picture?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
just take a picture tonight of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Haven't had time to reply, sorry about that. I'll try to get a pic. for ya this weekend, just hooked up DSL and lost my camera hook up through the USB port so I have to add another hub. Cool avatar rubicon, although I had to tell my son you must be a drummer with yamaha drums. lmao.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i guess thats a lil rated pg-13

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do you think there it would cause problems if the reverse lever was held back all the time so the break did not need to even be pulled, or would that cause the cable to strech to much?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Im sure that could be a possibility, but the cable doesnt really stretch so to speak. Its just moved. At least I dont think its streching, it is steel braided cable, I think it just pulls, and doesnt stretch, but I could be wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts