Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
the only special tool needed is a flywheel puller, the rest is just basic hand tools. it is alittle time consuming, because of where it is located. in the rear of the engine. I have no ideal on time, if I had to guess I would say 2-3 hrs. Have you had the stator tested?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
The stator went bad in my bike and a new one is PRICEY!
I found: rickystator.com and they helped me out a lot. Actually, I believe they are the one's that hooked me up with a guy in Alabama at "Custom Rewind" and he fixed me right up and was super nice-- their number is 800-798-7282 - www.customrewind.com. If you find that the stator is bad, check them out.

·
Registered
140 Posts
stator

interesting how do you test the stator ? my sons recon stoped running and no fire is coming from the plug .. bought a new cdi box wasnt it , checked the selenoid wasnt it , checked the one fuse in the back wasnt it , what could the problem be ?? this one has really stumped me !!! i need help on how test and find out why this recon is getting no fire !!! i know this is a foreman 450 forum but i posted it in the recon section and no replies .... help help and more help PLEASE >.... THANKS GUYS //..

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
QUOTE ("bubba":wnlcrktj)
How about your regulator? It could be dead.It should be on the frame over your rear wheel,brake side. Just a wild guess I am far from a pro.
Yes, my regulator was bad too. You should definitely check that and it's easy to get too. There is a way to check it but you will have to get your manual and see how to do it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Re: stator

QUOTE ("trigger_time")
interesting how do you test the stator ? my sons recon stoped running and no fire is coming from the plug .. bought a new cdi box wasnt it , checked the selenoid wasnt it , checked the one fuse in the back wasnt it , what could the problem be ?? this one has really stumped me !!! i need help on how test and find out why this recon is getting no fire !!! i know this is a foreman 450 forum but i posted it in the recon section and no replies .... help help and more help PLEASE >.... THANKS GUYS //..
My standard answer is "Invest the $50 in the Honda shop manual." it has all the test procedures for every thing on the machine, and very good trouble shooting in a logical step by step order. In the long run it is a lot cheaper and easier than changing expensive electrical parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.