Honda Foreman Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well, got everything apart really quickly. Put the new boots and clamps on then when putting arm back on noticed that one boot wasn't setting in the little groove area, so tried to push it into place and ended up puncturing my new dang boot. Only me and my luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
on picture 11 what's that thing called you holding with your tool. I need that for my axle and I am not sure what's the proper name for that?

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The snap ring (also called circlip)? If so you should be able to get one at any parts store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Toodeep you say on some you have to take the inner CV apart to replace outer boot. Mine is a 2000 TRX400FW. Will I have to do this or just take outer CV apart to replace boot.Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Toodeep you say on some you have to take the inner CV apart to replace outer boot. Mine is a 2000 TRX400FW. Will I have to do this or just take outer CV apart to replace boot.Thanks
You have to take the inner apart on that one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Fast boots. Some auto parts stores rent the tool but I've never been a fan of them.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Use regular boots, and just take them apart. Be good to put fresh grease in the inner end anyhow, and once you do it once you'll realize it's not that hard.

Shortcuts tend to cause more problems for me than they solve.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fast boots. Some auto parts stores rent the tool but I've never been a fan of them.

My thinking their to thin.Friend said use the split boots. I don't care for them either. Weather clears I'm just going to do it the right way it will last longer.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts