Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have one coming in the mail in the next few days I am repairing for someone. Itll refresh my memory and I can update you on how I did it just to make sure I didn't miss a step in the process. Having kids made the replacement a multi day process because I could only focus for a few min without them trying to help.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ill have to look at the wiring on the one coming in and make sure it matches. All I really care about is power to the meter though so I need to figure out which pins are power so I can power it on for testing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
yea that would be awesome to figure out how to power it off of the bike.. Ive tried red and green but that didnt work for me. I figure it will be mutiple wires

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I was invited to Hogwaller with some family so I got nothing done but mudding this weekend :). Ill take a look at it tonight, since I am going to be tearing down the bike again cause the rear end is just too stiff. I am going to convert it to a mono shock this week.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Anyone want to help me out figuring out the wiring on the display. I have one that Dale sent me and its for an S myn not being an S I figured I could just jump the power and ground over from my display connector. But apparently my connector is in rough shape. The wiring diagram does not seem to match the display that he sent me. Anyone know which wires are power and ground on the display Im just going to hook it up to the battery to get it working.

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yeah Im going to have to take it over to my brother inlaws and hook it up to his es to get it to work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
did you get it powered on ? I was thinking while on the bike you could test for wires that are hot as i beleive it requires at least 2 seperate 12v+ to power it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I tried but found something wrong with my wiring seems the previous owner did some of his own wiring. I am just going to take it over to my brother in laws house he has an S. Myn seems to be running now I had to pull a few new wires through the harness.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My S has sme jacked up wiring too. Apparently they bypassed the fan control sensor and wired it to run on the key turn but then disconnected it before i bought it :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I put myn on a switch but I have noticed that it draws so much that by the end of the day my battery is done. I think it may be a bad battery this one looks really old.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How thick does the plastic need to be and did you get it from Amazon too? I just got the 4 wheeler and the display is messed up from sitting in the sun so I want to try to fix it

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
How thick does the plastic need to be and did you get it from Amazon too? I just got the 4 wheeler and the display is messed up from sitting in the sun so I want to try to fix it

I honestly dont really know I just grabbed something from the trash can to help sandwich it and keep it tight in the housing. I think the plastic was from one of the boxes my kids toy came in.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts