Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, i was just wondering what you guys think of removing the red reverse button you have to push down b4 shifting into reverse, my buddies got the foot shift one and he removed his lil button and i like it, but, someone told me where i have the es, if i remove the button and accidentally down shift into reverse while im driving forward, ill ruin my electric motor , what do you guys think, have you removed yours>

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
hey there, i was just wondering what you guys think of removing the red reverse button you have to push down b4 shifting into reverse, my buddies got the foot shift one and he removed his lil button and i like it, but, someone told me where i have the es, if i remove the button and accidentally down shift into reverse while im driving forward, ill ruin my electric motor , what do you guys think, have you removed yours>
guys that do a lot of snow plowing like to override their buttons, but not remove them. it's not a highly popular, or advisable, mod to do to the bike. yes, components can become damaged in the event that you select reverse while the bike has forward motion. what's wrong with the button??? it becomes second nature once you're used to it.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
i havnt removed mine it doesnt bother me that i have to push down and pull the lever back. you can do it i know someone who has it done the there foreman s model. but with es you cant shift from 1 to n unless your stopped so going from 1 to n to r wont happen while moving like you can do a little quicker on the s model atv's

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just find when im makin a austin powers turn ( like a 5 or 6 point turn in a tight space) it gets annoying to have to push in the red button back up to inches, shift up go ahead to inches, shift back to neutral, push in the red button, reverse 2 inches, shift up..... id be nice to be abel to just down down down.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but at the same time, id never wanna do anything to hurt my bike

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have an ES. I did the override mod. No regrets! B)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my buddy just removed the whole break lever on that side, and took the cable and tied it off to the frame, is there a better proper way to do it??

·
Registered
360 Posts
just pull out the red button and put a bolt in it so all you have to do is pull the brake.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
previous owner of my rancher has the cable adjusted so that all i have to do is down shift no brake or anything and i love it. cant down shift while moving though so no harm done.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you, all you guys, this is valuable information, some times my friends half a$$ things, lol, so i like to bring it to the forum for debate, before i make any decisions, see what other people think, i like the idea of just down shifting, but i wouldnt have known enuff to know if it was good or bad for the bike. thats where all you great knowledgeable people really shine, you should all pat your selves on the back, not just for helping me, but for helping, eachother and everyone on here with questions they dont know the answer too, im glad i have all of you to talk to, thanks

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
they is a simple work around and you don't got to chop up your bike.

this was a popular thread a few years back, but you take a small piece of wood cut a small grove in it and slide it on the cable and rotate it to the back side .....this holds the cable/button open, so you don't got to fool with it.

Be Warned/Beware "one slip" and you could Trash your tranny!

do a search there is a big thread on this with instructions, best part is you can remain a stock bike and still over ride the button.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts