Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
I think you have to have a relay, you'll overheat the wiring without one. Continuous winch operation can overheat a relay as well, so it's better to pause briefly and let it cool a bit. Without a relay, I'd say much more frequent pauses would be needed, unless you have a high-amp switch and heavy gauge wire throughout the circuit..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you have to have a relay, you'll overheat the wiring without one. Continuous winch operation can overheat a relay as well, so it's better to pause briefly and let it cool a bit. Without a relay, I'd say much more frequent pauses would be needed, unless you have a high-amp switch and heavy gauge wire throughout the circuit..
Can't disagree with you there, them suckers pull some amps hence the bigger wire but who in their right mind would run it for longer than a minute or two without letting it rest. I mean how long does it take to pull it out of a rut. I've yanked mine out in less than 30 seconds a few times.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I'm going to get a picture of mine and see what y'all have. I have a relay that is in the big side and has about 5 spade connectors on the bottom for the switch to connect to. I need something smaller so I can tuck it in to the space by the battery compartment, this monster is taking up my whole storage space under my tail light.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
I've got them in the toolbox in the wife's 420, kid's 300, other kids 350 Rancher, and all of my 500's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts