Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 40 of 6191 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (H22ate @ Feb 10 2010, 05:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145063
no whats that?
a huge music and arts festival. all kinds of big time bands and small time from all over. and people come from all over the world. 70 to 80 thousand people on a couple hundred acres from june tenth through thirteenth. its awsome. our fire dept has jurisdiction over it so we get to take our fourwheelers and ride around all day and night. here's the link check it out

http://www.bonnaroo.com/default.aspx

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
WOW GWAR Jamey Johnson and Jay-z playing in a show together. Thats got something for everyone..... Yea when we were down there it seemed like alot of jay-z fans were too ;)
HOLY CRAP Thats huge!

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (H22ate @ Feb 10 2010, 06:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145066
WOW GWAR Jamey Johnson and Jay-z playing in a show together. Thats got something for everyone..... Yea when we were down there it seemed like alot of jay-z fans were too ;)
HOLY CRAP Thats huge!
yea there still building the list. miranda lambert :) lol but yea kanye west got bood off the stage pretty much last yr ha. they threw stuff at him. but i was right in front of the stage with metallica because of there "pyrotechnics" got to talk to them " you would be amazed they hate each other they all cam in on seperate planes and limos. a buch of whiners lol. but went back stage with zac brown and a couple others last yr. its cool. theres a little something for almost everyone out there. but you dont really see gangsters at all lol. more hippies and rockers.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well when we were in down town pretty much all we saw were the gangsters..... Im glad tennesse recognizes PAs firearm permit.... he went everywhere with me lol. H3ll if I wasnt getting married this summer Id bring the ol lady down she would love that! Moneys gonna be tight until after the wedding lol.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (H22ate @ Feb 10 2010, 06:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145068
Well when we were in down town pretty much all we saw were the gangsters..... Im glad tennesse recognizes PAs firearm permit.... he went everywhere with me lol. H3ll if I wasnt getting married this summer Id bring the ol lady down she would love that! Moneys gonna be tight until after the wedding lol.

lol yea that nashville. were good ol country people with a few young white kids wanting to be black here. but thats everywhere lol. yea tickets are expensive. but if you think u and her would wanna come down let me know i might be able to help ya out usually get a couple extra staff wrist bands :eek:k

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
If I would have the extra cash this summer I definitely will take you up on that offer! After she found out that I went to nashville (we werent together at the time) she was jelous and wants me to take her down. I think It was 7 hrs, but Id have to drive the whole way....she scares me driving. She spun me in a circle today and we smacked into a hillside, thank god it was all snow. So here I am under the car trying to dig it out and I finally pushed it out onto the road. I got a nice crink in my neck, she was laughing "that was fun"!

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (H22ate @ Feb 10 2010, 06:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145070
If I would have the extra cash this summer I definitely will take you up on that offer! After she found out that I went to nashville (we werent together at the time) she was jelous and wants me to take her down. I think It was 7 hrs, but Id have to drive the whole way....she scares me driving. She spun me in a circle today and we smacked into a hillside, thank god it was all snow. So here I am under the car trying to dig it out and I finally pushed it out onto the road. I got a nice crink in my neck, she was laughing "that was fun"!

yea my sister and a carload of her friends used to come down for the last couple yrs for it untill she had a baby. thats the best way to do it is to find several friends willing to go so can all camp together. cuz once u get in the gate wednsday u dont get out untill about monday. lol nice one. but least she had the excuse of snow ha.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (H22ate @ Feb 10 2010, 06:36 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145072
Yea I told her to slow down going over this knob she didnt listen haha. So you into shooting too?
yea when i can afford frikin bullets lol. like messin with all types of guns. actually traded a p.o.s for a heritage arms .22 six shooter a week ago. thats a blast to shoot lol and cheap.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yea I hear ya Ive been in a stock piling mode. I bought a few thousand rds for guns I dont even own, but the price was right though lol. Ive got about 8 I thing different .22s and just bought the .22 conversion for my AR. I do alot of shooting, I can and have open my bathroom window and shoot at my steel target 100yds away, thats fun. I have a suppressors for my .22s so I can shoot in there even when the wifes home lol!

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (H22ate @ Feb 10 2010, 06:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=145074
Yea I hear ya Ive been in a stock piling mode. I bought a few thousand rds for guns I dont even own, but the price was right though lol. Ive got about 8 I thing different .22s and just bought the .22 conversion for my AR. I do alot of shooting, I can and have open my bathroom window and shoot at my steel target 100yds away, thats fun. I have a suppressors for my .22s so I can shoot in there even when the wifes home lol!

haha lol sounds like fun. well ive got to get off here gotta work tomorrow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
QUOTE (Kipes @ Feb 9 2010, 04:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=144863
Well hmmm whats on my mind...well for one the snow and cold around here is starting to get old. Was unemployed for a year so I took a job at the local airport testing walk behind snowblowers. What a B.S. job walking behind a snowblower for 8 hours a day. he other week it was -24 with the windchill for two days, want to talk about a long day. My snowmobile is fun but its hard to enjoy the scenery, I just want spring to come so I can get back on the trails with the Foreman(and not to mention my job will end when the snow melts). My main job description is a welder/fabricator and I really like doing that, I do side jobs for people. Right now I need a front bumper for my Foreman and and trying to find out what I want and then Ill make it. Dont worry when I do I will post some pics. Well I think thats long enough.
OK, I can appreciate the BS walking behind snowblowers all day as a test job but, tell, which brand did you like best in your "tests"? Inquiring minds wanna know......tis the season :question: I'm using a Honda snowblower here on 44 inches and it's a beast on snow.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Well were only testing Husqvarna, Poulan and Craftsmans and a majority of them are hydrostatics like Honda has been for years. I have never owned a Honda snowblower before but I have buddies that own them and they said they are the best. The models were testing are basicly all the same machine just different paint, I couldnt believe Husqvarna was in that line up. They are all decent snowblowers. We run them for a certain amount of hours and then they put a different engine on them, I think they testing different ones since Tecumseh went out of business. The engines I have seen on them are Subaru, Briggs&Stratton (of course), Kohler and a company called LCT. I do like the heated handgrips on some of them, especially when your hanging on to them for eight hours a day lol.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
LOL yea heated grips is a pretty good idea for those. Im in the market as well for one but Im up in arms for which brand myself. Let me ask you this, is there alot of wear and tear on them? I was looking at a couple used ones but not sure if I really wanna go that route.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
I dont know the prices on the machines Im running but I would have to guess the Husqvarna brand is probably higher priced than the rest because of the name and I would go with a hydrostatic because you can set the speed precisly for the depth of snow you are moving , as for the belt drive with the gears, one gear is too fast and the next one down is too slow, if you know what I mean. Another thing to look at is the augers. I noticed that some manufacturers are putting stamped steel augers on the them which are alot stronger than the old band types, but I noticed that their mostly on the bigger, more expensive models. It depends really on if you plan on chewing through really hard ice banks or not. otherwise the band types are ok. Me myself would not be afraid to buy any of the ones Im testing. 27" cut or better too, I wouldnt even think of getting one of them small ones. Its better to have lots of power and not need it than need it and not have it plus its tougher on the machine. Kohler, LCT and the Subaru engines are all lasting good after 100 hours they still dont burn any oil, and thats without an oil change. Didnt mean to make such a long post but you asked. LOL Any more questions just ask. :cheers

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Heck man thats great keep it coming! Now im leaning more twards a blower than a plow for my quad just so im not beating the crap out of my quad everytime it snows. Id be doing 3 of my neighbors driveways too. How well do these things work in shallow snow say 2-3"? I have 2 ways out of my driveway and both are up hill so I have to clear it no matter what we get just to get the cars out. Its nice being able to ask somebody with a non bias opinion who isnt trying to sell me somethin because we're getting straight forward answere here!

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
2-3 inches of snow isnt nothing. I've been going through 12+ inches of hard packed snow. Just think of it this way, the shallower and fluffier the snow, the faster you can make the blower go and the quicker your done. My wife asked me why I dont get a plow for my quad and thats the same reason I gave her, Im hard enough on the machine, I dont want to beat it up more by putting a plow on it. I agree plowing puts alot of strain on a four wheeler cause they werent meant for plowing. Not to mention when you plow you have to have alot of room to put the snow, with a blower you can pile it sky high.

·
Premium Member
7,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So what your saying is that a blower doesnt really have a minimum working level? I didnt know if it would work with just that small amount. Yea one sure would come in handy now theres probably 22" outside. I was out at 2:30 last nigh shoveling the latest couple inches and back out there at 6. Im gettin tired of that haha.

21 - 40 of 6191 Posts