Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 recon 250 ,It cranks but wont start , I checked for spark and what i is one spark when it starts spinning and one spark when it stops . So far i have replaced the coil and it did not help , any ideas guy and help would be appreciated , thanks jim

·
Premium Member
17,868 Posts
welcome to the forum !!!
ill bet the starter push button contacts are dirty .....take it apart and clean the contacts

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Places to start testing would be the pulse generator and the CDI.It could be wiring or something else but those 2 are likely candidates for the problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when you first crank it i get one spark ark thats it , then when it stops cranking it sparks, no spark as engine is spinning

·
Registered
170 Posts
It sounds like the wiring on the starter switch is backwards if that's possible. You're getting spark before and after pushing the starter, but not during the cranking. Check your wiring on the switch or key switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This turned out to be a faulty wiring harness , i bought a replacement on ebay for 12.00 shipping included , thanks to all that posted ideas .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys , it was a bad wiring harness , i was able to get one for 12.00 dollars incl shipping on ebay , thanks for all your ideas

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone I have an 02 Honda recon was sitting there running this evening all of a sudden died change the plug nothing check the coil can't get any spark does anyone have any information that would be beneficial to me thanks in advance

1 - 13 of 13 Posts