Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Foreman 450 ES.

Even when the machine is not running, if I turn the front wheels all the way to the right or left, the rear brakes engage. The brakes grab hard enough to lock up the rear tires when i push the machine around on a smooth concrete floor.

I think this explains the screeching I hear when I turn sharply while running the machine.

When I straighten out the handlebars, all is fine again.

Anyone have any ideas? I recently purchased this from a private party, and I know one of the rear discs was turned because it was warped, shortly before I bought it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
it sounds like your brake cable is too short, maby the people you bought it off of got the wrong cable when they replaced it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
319 Posts
Could be that your rear brake cable is not routed properly along the frame and tightens when you turn.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep, you guys are right -- just needed to loosen up the wingnut to bring pressure off the brake.

by loosening the wingnut, i noticed my parking brake is a little sloppier, but it still does the job.

thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.