Honda Foreman Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My '04 350 Rancher won't start with the button all the time. If I pull the starter cord through, eventually the starter will run and the engine starts. I keep the battery on a battery tender and even off the tender for a couple days, I'm still reading over 12 volts, usually in the 13 range. I changed the solenoid and still have the same symptoms. I am thinking, as another poster said, that the starter is the failure point. All contacts are solid and clean.
I have the same identical problem with my '06 TRX350 Rancher. Replaced the battery and starter relay. Still clicks. Pull/rope start works fine. The starter is next. I guess I could have saved some time if I read deeper into the issue or followed the checklist procedure in the service manual.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same identical problem with my '06 TRX350 Rancher. Replaced the battery and starter relay. Still clicks. Pull/rope start works fine. The starter is next. I guess I could have saved some time if I read deeper into the issue or followed the checklist procedure in the service manual.
Had the same problem, did the same thing. Changed the starter and no more clicks. It's the starter. Not an expensive fix but it will consume time to change it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts