Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I have read all the shift problem threads and cant seem to find one like mine. I just got this fourwheeler a couple weeks ago and guy told me it need the shift sensor that the shifting messed up ever now and then. Well just the last couple days every time I ride it down the rd and get up to 4 or 5th gear the gear will flash then go blank and wont down shift until i turn it off and back on. But it does fine going slow putting around the yard. I put a new angle sensor on it today and it didnt fix it. And the speedometer just reads 0 the whole time. Code that blinks i think is one long and one short... So whats my problem? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
It's your speed sensor. Either the connector came unplugged, broken wire or faulty part. Remove your left side panel and look down right above the output shaft and you will see the connector and sensor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took that sensor off mOnday and cleaned it also when I cleaned the angle sensor before buying a new one, I will check it this afternoon maybe it didn't get plugged up good or maybe a broke wire like you said, Or may have to buy a new one...thanks for the help I appreciate it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue. I have an '08 Honda Rancher 420 ES. I start the wheeler and shifting is fine. As I go down the road and reach 3rd or 4th gear, the display goes blank and then a minus sign appears where the gear number should be. The MPH reading also shows 0 for some reason. I come to a stop, turn off the wheeler and turn it back on to be able to shift back down to Neutral to crank it again. I go back down the road and the problem occurs again. I looked under the bike and saw what I think is the Speed Sensor unplugged and hanging there by the wires. I plugged it back in and still have the same issue. Is there a picture of this sensor somewhere to make sure I am talking about the right part, or a diagram that shows how to properly install the sensor correctly? Also, maybe I lost a piece of it when it popped out and dont know it. Maybe I dont have it plugged in all the way or plugged in incorrectly? Please advise. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts