Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Have some questions. I bought my wife an 05 Rancher 400at last year. I want to fix it up for her to do some sreious off-roading in southern Ohio and KY. Well maybe for my self as well.lolol. I'm looking for the right size tires that will handle anything i come across, the stockers wont cut it. I dont want to put a lift on it either. Also where is the best place to buy online. The local dealership has some mudlites on itp steel wheels, but they want 700$ for them. +tax. Any info would be helpful

P.S If anyone has any rear tire preferenc for a trx450r. let me know

thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Had purchased a 400 RancherAT for the wife last year. I put a Moose Lift ( 1 1/2 inch ) and 26 inch ITP Mudlites. I snorkled it and ran the carb lines up for water and she could follow my Rincon 650 with 27 inch ITP 589 pretty much anywhere. If you check around, you can find them at a better price. Let me check..I found the ITP series 5 rims ( 4 spoke ) mounted on 26 inch ITP Mudlites shipped to the door for $450. I will look and find the website that I got them on. This is the only place I will but tires and rims anymore. Will post when I find it.

Since then she graduated to a 2006 Foreman 500 with the works on it.. but the friend tht bought the 400 RancherAT for his wife is still estatic with it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE ("Rincon 650":25r4ttxu)
Had purchased a 400 RancherAT for the wife last year. I put a Moose Lift ( 1 1/2 inch ) and 26 inch ITP Mudlites. I snorkled it and ran the carb lines up for water and she could follow my Rincon 650 with 27 inch ITP 589 pretty much anywhere. If you check around, you can find them at a better price. Let me check..I found the ITP series 5 rims ( 4 spoke ) mounted on 26 inch ITP Mudlites shipped to the door for $450. I will look and find the website that I got them on. This is the only place I will but tires and rims anymore. Will post when I find it.

Since then she graduated to a 2006 Foreman 500 with the works on it.. but the friend tht bought the 400 RancherAT for his wife is still estatic with it.
hey, btw how did you snorkle it?
any instructions? mounting? or whatpipes to use to mount or what you actually snorkled?

that woudl be great..

also i would liek the link to the mudlights becuase i am really thinking about them.;.. 26"ers shgoudl bbe to bad for my 350 i think

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
OK...Here is the site for you. " www.tyres4less.com ". The best prices around. And as far as the the snorkle, here are some pics of the way I do my snorkles. They are clean and look great...

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
If you want, I can send you a detailed list. Its not that hard..It cost me about $35.00 to completely seal a bike and snorkle a bike and make it watrerproof.. Let me know, I will send you step by step with pics for the job. Its very easy. You will kick yourself when your done. Takes me about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish and its CLEAN.

·
Registered
105 Posts
400 AT

I have 25x10 mudbugs all the way around. I would not recommend going bigger than that on this bike. The AT is geared higher than the 350 rancher and will bog bad in thick mud. I would suggest 25's and definetly no bigger than 26's. As far as a snorkel goes look in my sig. and you can see how to snorkel an AT without cutting plastics or rejetting for about $15. Even if you don't snorkel it you still need to extend all your vent lines and run them up into the steering pod or up handlebars by grips.There are the 2 brake lines, 2 dif., 1 fan motor, and 3 carb vent lines.Also need to snorkel your carb overflow line to keep muddy water out. use clear hose for that so you can see when overflowed gas collects in it so you can drain it. Usually once at the end of the day. Need any details just let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
QUOTE ("Rincon 650":4emd1qcl)
If you want, I can send you a detailed list. Its not that hard..It cost me about $35.00 to completely seal a bike and snorkle a bike and make it watrerproof.. Let me know, I will send you step by step with pics for the job. Its very easy. You will kick yourself when your done. Takes me about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish and its CLEAN.
hey can you send it please?
[email protected]

oh yeah also would a rencher 350 be any differnet?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
No...no different. I have snorkled from a 250 Recon up to a 650 Rincon. It is pretty much the same besides possibly running the breather hose in front of instead of behind the front shock. This is totally up to you. The basics of the snorkle is the same I have found.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Website

Rincon650, that website you posted is in England.......shipping to Alaska is going to be a killer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.