Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has any pictures of what you have on your racks,im looking for something to put my phone and some other minor stuff...small stuff,cell phone money,ect.thanks for any help thanks Craig F

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
That or try the saddle bags...They work great if you use the water proof clear storage bags. These fit right in and are 100% water proof

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Love them, and NO...They are cloth and do not hit...Yea, your leg will touch it but won't even know. I took a stainless 1/4 20 bolt and a lock nut and with washers, secured it to the side of the plastic where it curls under on the side of the gas tank ( I know, that sounded confusing...I will post pics for you tomorrow ) so it doesn't flop around. It stays put.. Best bags without taking space on your racks..

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I didn't like the saddle bags I had on my Rancher.It scratched the plastic all to he!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I know...They scratched because they moved around and beat on the sides while you are trailering them because the only thing that holds them down is where you unscrew the gas cap and put it over the threads. If you secure the sides down, mine has not scratched in 3 years that it has been mounted. I even replaced the saddle bag 3 months ago and there were no scratches under the bag.. Just worked for me..

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yeah, I realized they were moving around too much but couldn't think of a way to hold them tight to the gas tank.I still have the saddle bags,but I'm hesitant to put them on my Foreman because of the scratching.I'd like to see you're set-up with bolting it down.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Here ya go.. Sorry bout the pics, it is hard to get the camera in the bag.. You should get the jist. Find the center of the bag at the bottom. I used a small punch to get the hole in the bag. I then marked where the hole was on the plastic. Drilled a hole and used stainless bolt and lock nut on the back. Bag stays still when traveling and while riding. NO SCRATches. You can see behind the bag and see no scratches. That is 3 years of riding...

What is nice is if you drill the hole where the plastic curves under, when you remove the bag..you can not see the hole...Tadaa....

·
Registered
151 Posts
When my husband got his saddle bag it had velcro tape with it. Just use it.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Velcro works great until the stickey stuff gets wet, and then it always came off of mine. Then I just bolted the @#&% thing... HeHeHe

·
Registered
151 Posts
We havent had a problem with his hes had it on for 3 yrs and still goin strong...I guess were lucky but then again he dont submerge his though

·
Registered
17 Posts
i like the idea of securing thye sides to the tank, but dont like the idea of drilling a hole in the side of my wheeler. ill try the velcro first since i dont drown mine either..lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just an added thought he and I both have the saddle bags and when we do need to put our camera, cigs. money, wallet ect we put them in a ziplock baggie just for added protection!!! Usually he or I dont have water come that high so were pretty safe

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Yea...you gotta submerge the zipper for a good amount of water to get in..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.