Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to run with racing fuel in a foreman? someone told me i could run 50/50 with regular fuel and it wouldn't burn everything up (pistons, rings, etc..) any ideas?

·
Registered
385 Posts
that is a good question there man...i was wondrin the same thing maself

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Isn't racing fuel just higher octane? I can't see where it would burn up a piston.It is needed if you have higher compression ratio,if you have stock piston,head,etc.then you would be wasting your money on racing fuel.

·
Registered
193 Posts
the thing is it generates a whole lot more heat and it wouldnt be so bad with an oil additive and a cooling upgrade like a fan switch i dont think it would be worth much anyway i dont see how you could get much more power efficiently

·
Registered
76 Posts
normal fuel works fine for me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
me too buddy

·
Registered
343 Posts
The higher the octane the longer the fuel burns. For example lets say 87 octane will burn in 5 milliseconds, 93 octane may burn in 10 milliseconds. Thats why you have to run racing fuel if you have high compression. The longer the burn the more heat you make and thats what burns you piston and rings. I would say if you don't have piston and rings made for the high heat from racing fuel then don't put it in. It may not hurt it but your probably not going to see any gains from it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.