Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 04 rubicon has been pulling hard to the right and all the tires have the right amount of pressure. What could be wrong. I've attached some pictures of some measurements I took. And each front tire measures different, so I know something is off

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Does the upper a-arm bushings have any play in them? Jack it up and grab the arm out by the wheel and see if you can move it at all forward and backwards.

If those are tight then probably just adjust the toe and you will be good to go.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
well could be a LOT of things, from a bent A arm, to a bent frame, to???
bad wheel bearings, tie rods, ball joints
could be a bent wheel
has this atv been in any crashes ? hit anything harder than normal, BIG bumps, jumps? Rocks tree's lot fo driving in deep ruts??

all sorts of things can cause issue's

I would very close at the A rams, and the tie rodss
also get the front end off the ground and check wheel bearings, and work in from there, good luck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try to get it up off the ground this week, and do some inspecting

·
Premium Member
6,271 Posts
My 06 was pulling like **** to the right. I found a pin hole in a CV boot, so replaced it (didn't look bad inside). Still pulled.

Adjusted toe several times, tires were all equal PSI.

Finally, in frustration, I swapped wheels and tires with another Foreman.

Drives fine now. I thought "gotta be a bad wheel or tire"

Nope, put those wheels and tires on the other Foreman and it drives fine too.

Never did figure out the problem

·
Registered
159 Posts
Never did figure out the problem
I'm willing to bet it had to be something going on with the tightening pattern, like you might've tightened the lug nuts out of pattern and made the wheel wobble or something. Don't know, crazy things happen sometimes, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well guys I've checked everything I know to check. No bent parts, I adjusted the toe, doesn't seem to the bushings, as they have no play in them. Cv boot doesn't have a hole, and it still pulls to the right! I did notice after I adjusted the toe, it seems to steer a little easier. My dad has a brand new 2014 rubicon, I'm gonna switch front wheels with him one day hopefully next week, and see if that helps

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
you can also maybe try swapping shocks from side to side?? and your sure the front brake pads are NOT dragging??

·
Registered
1 Posts
mattuz93 . . . . . i just looked at the photo, and saw that the right side is higher than the left side.
jack up the front end , remove the breast plate, front guard rack, shocks. by jacking up all the way you can loosen the control arms
from the top and bottom.
let the control arms relax all the way.
then tighten to spec.
put everything back.
test ride.

i believe that is your problem.

because somehow the right side is higher than the left..... was it jacked up on the left side for sometime?????

·
Registered
1 Posts

Maybe someone can see something I not seeing in this picture, Idk
Ball joints. Inspect to see if they aren't stiff or at an angle on both upper and lower. I would almost bet that's what it is. Or pull your wheels to see if it needs a new bearing. Anytime I get wheel wobble I change the bearings, dust covers, ball joints, bushings. And it seems to also cause some steering issues when my bushings to the shock mounts gets banged up or have play in them. I'm waiting on all those parts now. My wheels shake super bad on my 07 foreman 500. It's almost impossible to steer. But replacing all those parts was only 215 bucks for OEM shock bushings and aftermarket bearings and ball joints. Good brands tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts