Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i shredded one of my front cv boots and twisted the other on the same shaft. i have oem replacement parts right here, in the honda service manual they have me using a ball joint removal tool to pull off the hub asymbely. i do not have this, do i have to have it? i was planing on doing it in he next few hrs. any input would be awsome. or if i have to get one, where to find it. thanks

bowz

·
Registered
152 Posts
no you don't need it all you need to do is hit the a-arm close to the ball joint with a hammer and it will pop loose.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply swamprat! gettin ready to go turn some wrenches!

bowz

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you "Get 'R Done"??? curious how you made out and how long it took you. Hope all went well for you. -Tony

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well....... there is no more grease in there, i guess i was a little more drunk than i thought and tore it alot sooner. haha. i think i'm gunna go get me a gorrila axle to put in, then take this one rebuild it and use it as a spare for my long trips. now i gotta find that tree with that money on it that every one else has got in there back yard.

bowz

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Check out my write-up in the HOW-TO section," CV BOOT REPLACEMENT".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.