Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i take my pull start off to clean the crap out of it to reseal it up, are things going to come falling out of it or is it bolted down to the cover so that it wont fall out unless u undo the bolt holding it all together?

also on rear drum brake how do you adjust it to become tighter, rite now i can pull it to the grip without any resistance, but if i push the reverse button in(even when not wanting to go into reverse)and then pull it it will go only halfway with resistance or how do you change the pads on it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nothing will fall out just take the bolts out and remove it

At the rear drum turn the butterfly looking nuts clockwise to take up the slack in the cable, Does your foot brake work at all. If they both dont work maybe the shoes are worn out, there is a pointer built into th arm that moves the shoes and if its past the mark on the drum case when you squeeze or push the brake pedal then there worn out

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alrite thanks on the pull start info, yea the butterfly clamps are turned as much as i can manage to turn them...footpedal brake works better than hand brake but still doesnt really do anything when your going 30mph and try to stop

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have always been told that the rear brakes are "just there". The front are the main brakes. If I am flying down the trail, my rear brakes do hardly anything.... better luck dragging my feet. LOL

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well needless to say i went out to look at something and i think there is a drain plug on the bottom of the brake thingy, well i took that off and for like 10 minutes it was pouring out like dirty nasty water, probably hasnt been drained in forever and that is why it is all worn down, yea i guess i will just not worry about it

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
well thats interesting. apparently that seal that is supposed to keep the water out of the rear brake holds water in better than it keeps it out.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea ive always heard bad things about the honda rear brake being crappy if u ride water alot...well i suppose i needa take it apart sometime when im not so lazy and replace the shoes on it...yea rite that'll probably never happen

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i wish someone would come up with a rear disc brake converstion for the 500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.