Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i first tried a 1.1/5 pvc but the motor bogged down when i gave it gas then i went to a 2in pvc and it does the same thing someone told me my foreman had to be jetted is this true ? any answers on why it not working i have tried turning the top tward the wind and away from the wind and it still acts like it is not gettin enough air to it i have a high flow filter for it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
man i had the same problem i had to run a twin 1.5 and now it works wonder full i done exactly what you done finally gave in and done the twin besides workin wonder ful its looks like a beast with the twins i will post pics in a minute

·
Registered
119 Posts
i used a y pipe after i come out of the airbox like so

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so 1.5 twins thank will be trying that in 5 minute

·
Registered
119 Posts
let me kniw if it works for u

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have a 2" on mine with some tape over part of the intake. It works fine, same as my roommates, and he has a jet kit in his. I am going to try to down size mine to a 1.5" hose.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i have a 2" pvc setup, never had any problems with it...all you have to do is adjust the fuel mix screw to match the increased air coming into the engine.

·
Registered
119 Posts
for the price they are definitely a good buy can get both of em on ebay as a pair for 263 shipped took 4 days from canada on the western side to n.c. love the look of em on my foreman makes it look like a beast but so does the 14's with 27's

·
Registered
404 Posts
I run mine 1.5" out of the box to 2" and all i did was turn up the idle a bit. works like a jewel. I've done two foremans the same way so far.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I said early on that with the 2" I had no problems, but I only rode the bike for about 30 minutes.
I rode it the other day, and it was bogging, and acting like it had no power while I was in the Everglades. Got it home and checked the spark plug, and found that it was running way to lean.
So I took a spare 165 jet(162 stock) and put it in, spaced the needle out with a small washer, clipped about 1/2" off of the spring, and adjust my air fuel mixture.
It seems to be running better, and has a little more go to it.
I am going riding tomorrow, I will let yall know what I find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.