Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 450 Honda Foreman

me and few buddies were out riding the other day and a buddy was on mine and i was 300ex. My buddy was going through a pretty good little mudhole. He came out of the mudhole and it just stalled on him
we noticed it was out of gas so we turned it onto reserve and it still wouldnt start. so i went to go get the truck and they called and said that it started. they got a little ways back and it cut off again so my buddy pulled it back with his Rhino. When they got back we got it to crank again. Ever since then it has run good enough to make it home. Now it will crank up as normal as it would before but it seems to be running some what rough and has a small rattle to it now. I plan on messing with a few things here soon.

But does anyone ihave any ideas I would greatly appreciate it

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
is may have trash in the carb, by running it out of fuel it may have stirred up some crap in the carb bowl. is the noise there all the time and is it taken the fuel alright or does still seem like it is starving for fuel? what's the plug look like?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
could be the timing chain, but the noise will be there all the time or valves clattering.

just for the heck of it, pull the gas cap vent out of the stirring stem and see if the end of the vent tube is wet from water getting trapped in the stem. if there is water in the stem, it will cause a vacuum in the fuel tank and it will be just like turning the fuel off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.