Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went ridin this weekend with my buddy who also has an '07 500 and he milked his oil by getting it too deep.... airbox was full of water. the guys we were riding with had polaris 700s and they helped us get his bike started up again. they were takin a look in the airbox and saw the crankcase vent is under the airfilter. its the little rectangle box with the piece of foam on top of it. they were telling me to prevent water from getting in there (if the airbox should ever fill up again) to put a hose in that crank case vent and run up a few inches higher... to the top of the airbox. has anyone done this?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
There are a few different ways to do this. some relocated the breather higher in the air box. some move it to the pod or along side of there snorkels and some just extend there breather hose. you can extend the hose and make a couple of wraps around the carb to create a water trap. I have mine extended and looped up over the top of my fuel tank.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay.
what they were telling me is, if its higher than the intake of the engine, if the airbox is full of water the motor is gonna shutoff before before the crankcase has time to suck in that water.
i have my airbox sealed and its snorkeled now but i'll prolly still do it just for safety reasons.
so, is that a "vent" or an "intake" for the crank case?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.