Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok what are you supposed to do before you tip the quads up to work on them? I read somewhere I think from Rich that he turns the fuel valve off and runs it until it stalls then tips it up. Is there anything else you need to do? I don't want oil running into the air box and all that crap. Or doesn't it matter?

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
plug your fuel tank vent too..

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Get two big semi strong guys.

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
looks like you have a 420 all you need to do is plug the tank vent and eat your Wheaties.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Since the 420 is fuel injected id just plug the tank vent and tip her up.

On the recon I shut off the fuel, run it out gas, and plug the vent.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks so the oil won't run out anywhere or anything right? I have a winch on it so it shouldn't be too much of an issue picking it up. Thanks again for the tips.

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
The only way the oil is going to cause problems is if you have a bad seal, which it should be giving a problem without being tipped up.. lol

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
I also always let it sit for a while back on all 4's before I run it, in case any oil got any where it shouldn't have, to allow tme to drip back down LOL
I fould a trick to standing them up by myself is to use car ramps on the front, gets its a jump start on going up, or even to just jack the front up as high as I can get it

other tip
make sure your hitch allows for it to stand on its ass too
I use a hitch expenter that has a ball on it and a hole for attaching things, and it will not allow me to stand it up on there, have to loosen it and turn it to the side
so a heads up
as if not it wants to do a cart wheel on me if I forget once its up there LOL

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
That's one thing if your working on the machine outside. Just set the ramps up on the pickup and start driving the machine up. Then it's easier to go the rest of the way. Either I'm getting older or the machines are getting heavier, I don't throw them up as easy as I use to. I will use the lift to get the front up most of the time now.

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's one thing if your working on the machine outside. Just set the ramps up on the pickup and start driving the machine up. Then it's easier to go the rest of the way. Either I'm getting older or the machines are getting heavier, I don't throw them up as easy as I use to. I will use the lift to get the front up most of the time now.
If you are doing this outside, this is what I do on the recon and the rancher.

Start it up, get both feet on the rear rack, 1st gear, and just let it stand itself up. Works easy as pie.

If you can do a wheelie, you can set your machine on the rear rack this way easy. Don't get crazy, and be ready to step off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Resurrection of an old thread.
Is it ok for the bike to tip up a 2008 TRX500 rubicon onto it's rear rack and are there any precautions / things that need to be done beforehand other than blocking the tank vent? (I'm new to quads!)

Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
i just turn off the fuel line and block vent tube. if you have a winch let it do the work for you, easier pushing a button than lifting by muscle power.....i know things seem way heavier as i get older!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts