Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just found out that the new 07' Foremans have power steering(what do you want from me? ivve been busy)......WELL!!!!!! I know somebody out there has one, so lets hear it! how does it work? does it make a difference? or is it something else that is going to break from being under water all the time

who knew

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i tested it out on a grizzly at a demo thing and i could acually tell a good difference. i dont know how well its going to hold up but it is a nice feature.
-Aaron

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
i agree with you civic its that much more electronics to get wet

·
Registered
744 Posts
The only way that i could see that helping the foreman is if you put a locker in the front end it may make it eisier to turn in 4wd but other then that i think that it just another big price tag to fix if it broke

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with the way mine steers without the power assist.I too agree that the power steering just complicates things more.However,my wife's uncle has only one arm and he loves to ride ATV's,power steering would really make it easier for him to ride.Power steering would be great for people with those types of disabilities.

·
Registered
128 Posts
do they have an accuall power steering rack, if so that must take up a bit of space

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
It's just a motor on the steering shaft aint it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE ("big_daddy_bigfoot":28799y7k)
It's just a motor on the steering shaft aint it.
yes it is.

We won't be seeing them in the dealership until spring. The Honda is very similar to the Yamaha. Supposedly the powersteering is one of those features that make riders wish they had a long time ago, it works that good and makes the long rides that more comfortable. On the Grizzly, even in diff lock, you can turn the bars w/ one finger. Can't wait to try one myself.

·
Registered
69 Posts
My daughter has the new Grizz. I've ridden it several times, and have mixed feelings about it. The assist makes it almost too easy to turn. Of course, I'm use to the ride of my 500. My daughter had a rough time riding the 500. She's small framed and it really bothered her by the end of the day. The trails we typically ride are rocky, and this is where she struggled. The yamie definitely solved this problem. For me, I don't think I'd want it. Situations like this, and the one described earlier, yes its very nice.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i heard that the that the power steering is what is on toyota's.
-Aaron

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
The Honda is better than the Yammer just because of location. I've already heard of people jamming stuff into the p.s. motor on the Yammerhammer. The Honda is in different location where it is protected better.

I might just look into the power steering in two years. Maybe by then they'll be on the Ruby.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.