Honda Foreman Forums banner

Power Steering for Honda ATV's????

10K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  mudlover 
#1 ·
#2 ·
That would be pretty neat. I don't really have an issue with steerin' mine too
often. I wonder how reliable it will be?

#3 ·
Honda is always bashed for not following suit with the IRS and locking diffs but they lead the way with autos and now, possibly, power steering.

Knowing Honda, I would expect it will be well tested before it is applied to an ATV.

#4 ·
That's what i would think. Honda usually isn't the one to just throw somethin'
out there to the public without testin' it out over a period of time.

#5 ·
That would definately help with a locker.

#8 ·
What wil Honda come up with next. And if there is a ATV manufacturer out ther to put power steering on one...Honda would be the one to do it.. Look forward to that one comming out..

#9 ·
Some front wheel drive GM cars have electric power steering and it's not a perfect system.We've had two G6's with no power steering,one had a failed steering position sensor and the other had a failed steering motor.Both parts are inside the vehicle,can't imagine these systems in the enviroment that they would see when installed on ATV's.

#10 ·
QUOTE ("plumcuda":24qlxkck)
Some front wheel drive GM cars have electric power steering and it's not a perfect system.We've had two G6's with no power steering,one had a failed steering position sensor and the other had a failed steering motor.Both parts are inside the vehicle,can't imagine these systems in the enviroment that they would see when installed on ATV's.
My thoughts exactly, but you never know what will come of it. Maybe they
will make one that can stand up to the elements of atv ridin'.

#14 ·
Honda Mechanic is the " Know All .. Tell All " on here.... He is kinda like E.F. Hutton. When he speaks, people listen. Ha Ha Ha .. Keep up the posts Honda Mechanic..

#15 ·
Well in Canada they dropped the TRX350 lineup .. I was talking to my Honda service school instructor about upcoming service schools and he told me ...

He also told me there would be a school on the power steering coming up,but he didn't say if there would be a bike with the power steering mid 07 or in the 08 lineup ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.