Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ATV is 2004 Honda Rubicon 500, I've currently taken off the my crank case motor. I am replacing the worn oil pump chain that jumped track.
My question may be simple to someone.with the cover removed the little gear that the power shifter spins is exposed. So while I have it off my brother on law came over and decided he was gonna give this little gear a few generous turns, at which I said that is what changes the gears. He tried turning it back, but there is no way of telling where it was.
Will this automatically correct itself when I put it back together or is there something I need to do?

·
Registered
185 Posts
It will be ok after you assemble everything and reinitialize the ecu. When it is done correctly, you will hear the shift motor run for a few seconds and then all will be good.
Sometimes this gear gets stuck from reaching the end of its travel but if it's still moving freely there won't be an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It will be ok after you assemble everything and reinitialize the ecu. When it is done correctly, you will hear the shift motor run for a few seconds and then all will be good.
Sometimes this gear gets stuck from reaching the end of its travel but if it's still moving freely there won't be an issue.
Thank you very much, that's had me so worried.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts