Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I'll start by saying I'm looking for some feedback from somebody who has been through this or knows there shiat. So the story goes like this.......
2006 Black Rubicon / 2" Lift / 27" Mud Bitches, Vented & Snorkled
576 mi. (still a baby at 2 years old i know)

Here's the short story, I go on a ride with my buddies Sat. and lake ride once and take on a little water and then drain the box and never replaced the plug on the box! Didn't know this and rode on until the next lake, when in the hole and someones dug it out. I high center and get stuck with water up to the seat, and it cuts off on me. Little did I know at the time that the plug was off so the entire time I'm getting pulled out the boxed filled completely with water, it drained, wouldn't turn over was hydra locked. I pulled the spark plug and turned it over and shot out water. Cleaned the plug and replaced.Fired right up drove it about 1000 ft. to the truck and never cranked it again. Checked the oil and its milky as ****. So I need to drain and flush It never ran except to the truck and there was no smoke so nothing should be seized. My question is I've been told yes and no because of the tranny to flush it with Diesel?!?!?1 What can I flush the motor/tranny with and what else should i be looking to do to make sure that everything else is flawless as can be and nothing is ruined. Sorry for the long post but any and everyones help is GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!!! TKS!!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
sorry about yor luck man. i have had a similar problem with my yfz450 while creek riding. first we drained the oil and change the filter. let the oil drain probably over night or a couple of hours at least. try using a jack to lift the ends of the bike to get as much out as possible. then with the new filter in, fill the bike with tranny fluid and crank it for about 30 seconds. then drain it again for about an hour. then change the filter and fill it with cheap motor oil( like the stuff you get off the shelf at gas stations) let the bike run for 10 or 15 minutes then drain the oil and fill with cheap oil again ( dont have to change the filter unless its really bad). then let it run another 15 min. and change the filter and put good honda oil or AMS oil in it. you shoulod be good to go after that. try running high octain gas for a couple of tanks( like 91 or 93) as to help with the water that got on the piston and maybe a new spark plug. i hope this helps. this is all i know to do.

·
Registered
394 Posts
i posted this same post under your thread in the HL forum

try a thing called Marvel Mystery, i use it on my foreman if i get water in it, comes in a red bottle, look it up on the internet, you can find it at any auto parts store, it is suppose to help carry the water out of the system when it gets drained...when i use it on my foreman, depending how bad it milky i will go with 2 quarts marvel mystery and 1 quart oil, and turn it over and i let it run for a good minute or so, kill it and drain it then i will go with 1 quart marvel mystery and 2 quarts oil and do the same might sometimes run it for 2 or 3 minutes then i will drain and by this time it is usually not milky and i will put a fresh filter in as well as fresh oil...then after i do that i will usually go get a bottle of Seafoam and ill put the amount of that into the oil as well, that is more for gunk build up and things like that but it burns out over time, bike may run kinda rough for a few minutes or longer but after that its smoother than a babys butt cheeks....here is marvel mystery <a href="http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/main.taf?p=1" target="_blank">http://www.marvelmysteryoil.com/main.taf?p=1</a>

here is seafoam <a href="http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm" target="_blank">http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm</a>

·
Registered
83 Posts
HEY IT HAPPENS...if it didnt ur not doing it right!!! just sank my Rincon...im hearing same advice from others.. time and money tis the sport! DONT FORGET THE PLUG!!! always run some marvel mystery oil with my 4stroke oil.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.