Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife desided to sink her rancher this weekend at doles after riding it for the first time.It is a 2000 rancer es we just bought last week.I put lift on new tires and snorkled all in a week for this to happen.I think i did not get good seal on air box to carb and maybe mud came in thru there.
Here is my questions
Ring kit? if so what all is involved in doing myself
Will manual give me all info on doing motor rebuild? Can I get the honda manual for this bike instead of a haynes or such?
any thing to try before i tear down bike?
First time post, love all the past feedback on other issues always helpful

·
Registered
129 Posts
general manuals rarely have any info like this. a shop manual may be of help. I used a polaris shop manual when I did a rebuild. that helped a lot.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I wouldnt just do a ring job. Bore it over once and change rings and piston.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Lots of bikes have been sunk and they don't always need a re-build.Is it smoking?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still looking in to a ring kit

Yea its smokes like a freight train.
We changed the oil right after we got it to fire back up and it was kinda milky(not like the prairie that got sunk and its fine)let idle for a while then is
when it went to smokingout the camp site.

I am pretty sure it is going to be rings.Had a friend look at today and he said def oil smoke.
Still wondering about manual?Looking for one now.

When i do the bore kit I assume the engine will go to the machine shop and will usual ant machine shop work on these motors?

Will i need a top end kit as well?

Something like this maybe
<a href="http://www.highlifter.com/product.php?pk=6803&pname=" target="_blank">http://www.highlifter.com/product.php?pk=6803&pname=</a>

Thanks so much I will get pics up as I go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.