Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been hanging around the site for a few months now, Ive learned some great info by searching around. I have a 06 Foreman 500 S w/ 27x12x12 lightfoots with itp ss black/chrome wheels. The only other thing I have done to it is route the 2 carb lines to the handlebars. The problem I have is when I get in deep water it just cuts off. Even if I stay on the gas it still cuts off, why is it doing this? Today I was going down the creek and I started to water wheelie and it just cut off, I got it on the bank and got it running again and then decided to try it again and the same thing happened except the 2nd time the front of the bike came down and sucked water in before it cut off so now I have nice whole milk in my motor. Anyways, I had to ride it about 1 mile to get out of the creeks and all and then we towed it back and I changed the oil 2 times just to get most of it out and I am gonna change it a couple more times tomorrow and I will also be looping my crank case vent. But again my question is, why is the bike cutting off when it gets in water over the engine covers/right below the seat? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Sounds like you need to plug up the carb drain/overflow it is the hose coming out the bottom of the carb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
mine did that and it was because the factory connections at the air box were loose. you might check that.

·
Registered
163 Posts
QUOTE ("marcust":32u23vjb)
Sounds like you need to plug up the carb drain/overflow it is the hose coming out the bottom of the carb.

That is the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will go ahead and plug it, I just didnt see how water would travel back up the hose but everyone I have spoken with seems to agree. Although I had someone tell me earlier today that some electrical may be getting wet and cutting it off but I dont really think that is the problem, it seems like that it would short something out and the bike wouldnt start again. Thanks for the info everybody.

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE ("idragknee":161zce7h)
I will go ahead and plug it, I just didnt see how water would travel back up the hose but everyone I have spoken with seems to agree. Although I had someone tell me earlier today that some electrical may be getting wet and cutting it off but I dont really think that is the problem, it seems like that it would short something out and the bike wouldnt start again. Thanks for the info everybody.
When the oneway valve gets stuck open it is a direct path for water to your carb bowl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.