Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 foreman 450. I bought it used and the previous owner had it rebuilt. I took the engine down because it started smoking bad. I honed the cylinder and measured to find out I have a 0.008 clearance between my piston and cylinder wall. Too much? Should i just find rings with the right end gap and put it back together or buy a stock piston and cylinder. Or does anyone know it I can buy rings that are wider, so they still grip the piston while sealing against the cylinder. Its already been bored over a pretty good bit, supposedly bigger than a foreman 500 is. Any help would be great! Thanks Guys!!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dirty. Any machine shop should be able to press out and it the sleeve then huh? That sounds like a good way to go. Another question, The piston that i pulled out is a JE piston and is shaped differently than the stock one, mainly the depth of the skirt. Will my crankshaft cause problems if I use a stock piston? I was told the JE was shaped like that because of a different crank used...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.