Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new set of tires and a place local to me offered me a set of mudweisers really cheap. anyone use them? I dont actualy hit much mud but do a fair amount of loose trails, loose dirt and gravel. I am leaning towards 26inch for my foreman 450. Anyone use these? I wanna make sure they are halfway decent. thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
Mudwisers

I looked at those tires, they look just like the Mudlites.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THe pieces of tread apear to be larger than the mudlites. By a pretty substantial amount. I am thinking this may help them wear better. anyone else have any ideas? I was out all day today riding and my tires really do suck right now so i need something soon

·
Registered
785 Posts
By bigger do you mean taller? My XL's are over an inch in depth and they ride great. What kind of riding are you doing, mud, trail?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By bigger i mean thicker, if you know what i mean. The lugs on the lites are thinner. Anyway I ride a lot of variety. Mostly rough trail and creek beds. Mud is mixed in but not a constant. Most of it is loose dirt or coal. Some rocks and gravel. I know thats just about every possibility but we have a good mix here

·
Registered
785 Posts
I compared both the Pirelli's and the Mudlites, I did notice that the Lites tread was noticeably different to the Pirelli's. The tread where it is cut out appears to be a little deeper to me and more pronounced on the Lites. I would think that this would give a better grip on rocks and such but it would also appear that they pick up small rocks more than the Pirelli's would. I don't know, for the price, I would compare them and see if there's enough of a difference to not buy them. They list for $58 on the website I saw them on and that was for the 26x10x12's. I think the Lites run closer to $69 in 26x9x12, thats $40 that you could spend on something else for your machine.

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
swampdawg4man, heres the pic

·
Registered
196 Posts
here they are compared to mudlite

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I seen a set of these last weekend and they looked meater than mudlites. The guy must of had rears all the way around because they were way meater than that pic above.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
That's what I did, looked around and asked questions for a while. I figured out that no matter what you end up doing there will always be a "bigger, badder" tire out there. I also figure almost anything is better than stock! A buddy of mine has outlaws and he breaks drive shafts and I have a buddy that has gators and he loves them and has no problems with them, so I went with the gators. If they don't work out for me they will go on ebay and I will find something else. But I think they will work just fine!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You're all forgetting that Supergrips also makes a tire similar to the mudlite. The only difference is that these tires have a wheel guard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.