Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Thanks. For those wondering, my bike broke yet another gear today. When in 1st gear if I give it any kind of load, it pops, sounds like its right next to my left foot. I drove the rest of the day in 2nd gear and it was fine. Anyone have any clue what it might be? Is this as simple as jus needing a new first gear??? Last time this happend the dealership fixed it under warranty, no more warranty now, so im on my own.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I just want to know why its happening. Im still not to sure on exactly what is broken yet, we shall see. But no way am I gettin rid of the 29.5s I would rather sell the bike.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
QUOTE ("eurobro":3qbxouou)
Oh come on, I can see 25x10 Mudlights on all corners on the ol 500. Just your style
/ -->
/" title="Dancing" />
/ -->
I bet it would haul some ass then!! haha

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Well I got the news. Looks like it needs another 3 gears and some shift forks. The actual teeth arent breaking but where the gears lock in on the the faces.
There really isnt a cure for this to stop from happening again, unless I baby it even more that I do, and run some stock tires. I think the only alternative is something other then a Honda

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
not this weekend but probably next weekend. Then I think Im going to sell.

That Brute looks goooooooood!!!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I know I am a sell out, but I dont know what choice I really have. I would love more then anything to keep my Foreman, but I cant afford to replace gears every 300 miles???? What are my options here?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I really cant afford to get another atv, and everything comparable to the Foreman is quite a bit more. Think I'm stuck with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.