Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who cares. I just installed the Perfex Long Travel suspension kit today. I have not rode it yet so I have no comments on the ride. The front installiation was easy. The rear was a pain in the -ss. The kit doesn't seem very heavy duty but I knew that buying it. I heard nothing but good things about it prior to buying it. I say it lifted my bike around one inch. That was with the rear shock positioned to give it the most lift and softest ride. One of my rear end vacum line tabs welded on the control arm was in the way of the main bracket so I had to remove it. Also had to do a little massaging to keep the rear shocks from rubbing the brackets. You can see more installation pics by going to my website. Hope this was a little help to someone. Can't wait to ride it I think I will be happy with the ride it seems to be a little softer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to ride it sat night I wil be sure and let you know. We need to try and get together sometime.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it does not make the front end sag. It actually lifts it around one inch.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Rob. I am sure you can fab something similer. Knowing you it will be even nicer. When do you expect your clutch kit? Did you look at the places to ride in Kentucky? Jake wants to go next week but I said I want to wait till your ready.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Perfex Vs H/L

To answer your Question I can't compare the perfex to the HL lift kit because I have not riddin on a foreman with the HL kit Sorry. But what I can tell you is it does lift the bike about one inch. It does fell like it has a little more suspension support. The biggest thing I felt was the front end felt very light on the ground. Meaning it was extremely easy to steer. The down side to this was I put more air in the front tires so I think this could have contributed to the front end feeling light. I will let the air out and try again another day. As mentioned before the rear shock brackets seem a little thin. But they work perfect dont let the looks fool you. I see the locals are planning a ride sun at 5a are you gonna be there sat also or just sun. I work SUN but maybe I will take a little unforseen vacation.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.