Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who cares. I just installed the Perfex Long Travel suspension kit today. I have not rode it yet so I have no comments on the ride. The front installiation was easy. The rear was a pain in the -ss. The kit doesn't seem very heavy duty but I knew that buying it. I heard nothing but good things about it prior to buying it. I say it lifted my bike around one inch. That was with the rear shock positioned to give it the most lift and softest ride. One of my rear end vacum line tabs welded on the control arm was in the way of the main bracket so I had to remove it. Also had to do a little massaging to keep the rear shocks from rubbing the brackets. You can see more installation pics by going to my website. Hope this was a little help to someone. Can't wait to ride it I think I will be happy with the ride it seems to be a little softer.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I definately want to hear how it rides now. I have been eyeing those for a while and was waiting to hear from someone that put one one a 500.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
yeah let us know the ride quality, im curious as well. the 500s ride great as they are, and if this improves I will be very interested.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope to ride it sat night I wil be sure and let you know. We need to try and get together sometime.

·
Registered
268 Posts
same here

I got my Perfex installed the other night after a ride. The install on the front was really easy. The rear! wow it was a pain in the butt to me. Not to sure how it fits for you guys? but i did get it put on. The ride is very smooth! After we got it installed we went for a ride, my brother has a HL lift on his 500. It is a day-night difference between the HL and Perfex. Although the HL does give just a little bit more lift. But i can live with that, and it was only $89 for the Perfex. I would suggest this kit to anyone that wants a little smoother ride and a decent install. I will get pics with my 500 beside a stock 500, then mine on 26" MST's w/perfex beside a stocker 500, then mine with MST's w/perfex by my brothers HL lifted on 27"vampires.... i cant wait to get home!! got to get some pics for you guys!!!! Should be home saturday! sorry for the ranting, im anxious to get home.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("Truegrit":21pkg0sa)
I definately want to hear how it rides now. I have been eyeing those for a while and was waiting to hear from someone that put one one a 500.
yeah let us know the ride quality, im curious as well. the 500s ride great as they are, and if this improves I will be very interested.

just so you both are clear on this...if you install one on your bikes... you have to install one on mine also,pretty please

·
Registered
247 Posts
the preflex really give it a better ride why couldn't a persion put the HL lift on the front or a home made 2 inch lift then take the the preflex put it on and fab up some 1 inch lift brackets to give the extra lift with the better ride just a

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No it does not make the front end sag. It actually lifts it around one inch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It looks good. I can tell just from the pics that it has raised the quad some. Once I get my clutch done, I may get one (or look at yours and make something that works).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Rob. I am sure you can fab something similer. Knowing you it will be even nicer. When do you expect your clutch kit? Did you look at the places to ride in Kentucky? Jake wants to go next week but I said I want to wait till your ready.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The new clutch should get here next week sometime, probably tues. or wed. If Jake wants to go, and you have the time off, go ahead and go up there and ride. Check the place out and if its good, you'll want to go back and I'll go next time. Jake could use a getaway trip after all the crap he's been dealing with lately. Take lots of pics!

·
Registered
24 Posts
ride???

is it really worth the extra expense? id like to know how well it rides vs. the hl lift kit.....

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Re: ride???

QUOTE ("HONDAFREAK":3kstmwzl)
is it really worth the extra expense? id like to know how well it rides vs. the hl lift kit.....
Its cheaper than the HL lift kit.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Perfex Vs H/L

To answer your Question I can't compare the perfex to the HL lift kit because I have not riddin on a foreman with the HL kit Sorry. But what I can tell you is it does lift the bike about one inch. It does fell like it has a little more suspension support. The biggest thing I felt was the front end felt very light on the ground. Meaning it was extremely easy to steer. The down side to this was I put more air in the front tires so I think this could have contributed to the front end feeling light. I will let the air out and try again another day. As mentioned before the rear shock brackets seem a little thin. But they work perfect dont let the looks fool you. I see the locals are planning a ride sun at 5a are you gonna be there sat also or just sun. I work SUN but maybe I will take a little unforseen vacation.
Thanks

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have never rode a bike this the perfex lift on it, but from what i have heard it rides better than the HL lift kit, but doesnt give you as much lift as HL's. The HL lift kit gives you about 2 inches of lift. I have the HL lift kit on my Foreman and I am about to put outlaws on it, so im not really worried about the ride i just want it to perform good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts