21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
QUOTE ("Railroader":1ui8x88r)
You may have to pack up & come down here & ride it. Seems you haven't
got to really ride it much here lately.
I hear ya Railroader, i'm hoping to ride it this Sunday and test out that Perfex Kit, it's suppose to hit low 30's this weekend.............heatwave!

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Good Lord! I would not even think about goin' outside in the 30's. It is about
65 degrees right now, & i think it is cold.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have read several places that you can NOT run the perfex kit with a lift kit but you can run it with the lift springs. Something about the two kits putting the cv's at to much of an angle, which does make sense if you think about it. Unless you run gorilla axles which can take the extreme angles Id stay away from that and just run the perfex and the HL lift springs. Besides its the tires that give our 450s the ground clearance, the lifts etc. just allow us to run the bigger tires. If you had an IRS bike then the lifts would give you the G.C. your looking for.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
QUOTE ("Railroader":dz4gzcpe)
Good Lord! I would not even think about goin' outside in the 30's. It is about
65 degrees right now, & i think it is cold.
LOL..........30 is warm for this time of year, we had a streak of about 2-3 weeks where it never got about 10, that was a tad chilly.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I would say so.

·
Registered
60 Posts
QUOTE ("foreman lover":13v9i49g)
Besides its the tires that give our 450s the ground clearance, the lifts etc. just allow us to run the bigger tires. If you had an IRS bike then the lifts would give you the G.C. your looking for.
On the rear yea, but it also helps get the belly higher which in some cases will help you get through stuff and well as over trees easier. I see your point about lift kit and perfex kit. I wouldn't actually do it, I was just wondering if anybody heard of it being done. Thanks for that info.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just purchased a 2000 450ES, and it had the perfix already installed. It also has nice tires on it, probably stock size. How big of a tire can I go with this kit and the lift it gives when these tires are done? And, then can you calibrate the speedo for the larger tire sizes? Kind of curious.

Thanks all,
Mike

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I wouldn't go bigger than 27 inch tires with the Perfex lift. I really don't know
about recalibrating the speedometer.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.