Honda Foreman Forums banner

Parting 06 Foreman FM

9K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  waker38798 
#1 ·
Just picked up a shell of an 06 FM. Buddy needed some parts and I did too so we're going to get what we need and sell the rest.

Motor, carb, seat, pod light, front axles and rear end are gone.

Has
Gas tank with petcock
Lower headlights
Front diff
Airbox
Brake calipers, rotors, hubs. Am going to see if knuckles look ok. If so, would be a great disc brake conversion for a 400 or 450
ECU
Wiring harness with fuse box
Meter/speedometer

Following parts are PICK UP ONLY in East Arkansas
Yellow plastics, missing one tank cover and front fender is cut for snorkel
Front rack
Rear rack
Front bumper.

Might be a few days before I really get to tear into it and check things over. Post up if there's anything of interest.

See less See more
#2 ·
Also, the bike that I needed parts for had an HMF on it, which I removed and replaced with a stock muffler. HMF is silver, no tip. $100 firm + actual shipping cost.

#3 ·
who gonna pay $100 to MAKE their ride loud and annoying?:grin2:

#4 ·
Actually a guy in Wynne wants it. I'm going to Hardy to canoe this weekend so if he can't meet me tomorrow when I come through there I'm gonna drop it off with you and he can pick it up from you at work.

Thanks for the help! LOL

#5 ·
when you drop it off... throw that other knuckle on the 300 for me.. shouldn't take an expert like you very long.. :grin2:

I will have the 300 out and ready for your expert help.. :goodjob

#7 ·
I've got to get the other knuckle off the bike. Calipers and brakets look good, hub/rotors are good, and the right knuckle looked good. Pressed bearing out of right knuckle, but it was tight coming out. Still have to get the left knuckle off. Will probably be the weekend before I get to it, but I'll text you pics.

#8 ·
Sent you a text

#9 ·
Here's the front brake setup. $125 + the ride gets you two knuckles with dustcovers, two hub and rotor assemblies, two calipers and attached hoses. Would probably put new ball joints and bearings in if I were installing them but they didn't feel too bad before I removed them.

Attachments

#10 ·
Just picked up a shell of an 06 FM. Buddy needed some parts and I did too so we're going to get what we need and sell the rest.

Has
Lower headlights
Front diff
Airbox
Brake calipers, rotors, hubs. Am going to see if knuckles look ok. If so, would be a great disc brake conversion for a 400 or 450
ECU
Meter/speedometer

Rear rack

Might be a few days before I really get to tear into it and check things over. Post up if there's anything of interest.
Deleted a few things that have been sold.

#13 ·

Has
Gas tank with petcock
Lower headlights
Front diff no pinion gear or acuator, ring gear and diff only.
Airbox
ECU

Rear rack

Post up if there's anything of interest.
Have sold some stuff. Above is what is left.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Are the ECU and wiring harness / fuse box still available?
Wiring harnesses cheap..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Foreman-500-FPM-4x4-08-11-Wiring-Harness-11139-/291758316204?fits=Model%3AForeman+500&hash=item43ee269aac:g:CkYAAOSw2x1XLoLy&vxp=mtr

Honda Foreman TRX 500FM TRX500 TRX500FM 4x4 ATV Wiring Harness 06 2006 983 | eBay

2007 Honda Foreman 500 Factory Wire Wiring Harness Electrical | eBay

If you get a bad part from Powersportsnation they will replace it. They aren't always the cheapest but they sell good parts and stand behind what they sell.

#16 ·
ECU is available for $65 shippped to lower 48, and worked fine on my 06 when I tested it. As with all used electronic stuff, the ECU would be "as is".

I used the wiring harness on another project, but powersportsnation.com has them cleap. I just rewired an 01 Rubicon using a used harness from PSN and it was in perfect shape.

I've had several times I thought an ECU was bad and have yet to actually have the problem be the ECU. You sure yours is bad?

#20 ·
Rear end is gone.

#22 ·
Long gone.

#24 ·
I parted that bike two years ago. Everything is gone.

#25 ·
Where are you located? I know of a few people around here who part out bikes.

#27 ·
You on facebook? Guy named Ted Thomas down there has a lot of parts including 500 Foreman stuff. He's in Slidell. If you're not on FB send me a PM with your contact info and I'll forward it to him.

#28 ·
05-09 Foreman and 2011 Foreman frame will work for you by the way. (no 2010 Foreman was made)

#29 ·
Ted has one for $200. Either look him up on FB or send me your contact info and I will forward on to him.

#31 ·
Not sure. I replied to your other post though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.